Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Jason, how view-able is that LCD screen in direct sunlight?

Also, can you transfer tracks? Doug said no, be it seems like this would be possible if the information is in the depth finder.

My understanding and what I tried to state earlier if it was on the Humminbird it could be used by the iPilot Link but if it is on the Gen1 or Gen 2 iPilot that information was not transferrable.
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

3. Member
    I think what he means are i spots and i tracks part of the data when you export to sd card? So if my buddy had one and he fished some where and created spots and tracks he could sen them to me.

That is a feature of the Humminbird Unit you can share data so if you can share I'm sure you can upload and use with iPilot Link since it is connected to the Humminbird.
    --

Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fsae99 View Post
    So a cable does run from the HB unit/ethernet port to the Trolling motor.
    Yes. The i-Pilot Link control head has a short ethernet cable running from it. That cable is designed to be connected to another ethernet cable that runs either to a compatible Humminbird fish finder or to a 5-port ethernet hub.

My understanding is that i-Pilot Link units will ship with a 20 or 30 foot ethernet cable to make it easier to connect i-Pilot Link to any location in the boat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    Jason, how view-able is that LCD screen in direct sunlight?

Also, can you transfer tracks? Doug said no, be it seems like this would be possible if the information is in the depth finder.
    Sunlight visibility is excellent.

I will look into the question about transferring i-tracks.

7. Member
    I just ducked out and shot this picture on my driveway. It is of the i-Pilot Link remote in full Wisconsin afternoon sun.

IMG_0781.jpg

8. Member
    This was also taken outside, out of direct sunlight.

IMG_0783.jpg

9. Member
    Here's a shot with the i-Pilot Link remote (right) and the current i-Pilot remote (left) to give you some ideas about how the two remotes compare in terms of size.

IMG_0785.jpg

Those are some awesome images Jason and see no concern with the remotes for view-ability and the size has not increased dramatically with all the added features that the new iPilot Link can perform.
    --

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    Doug, can the itracks be transferred to another unit like waypoints?

I am the Product Manager from Minn Kota. The i-Pilot Link data (iTracks and Spot Locks) are treated like other data on the Humminbird, such as waypoints. You can transfer data via SD card from one unit to another. The transferred data will show up on the new unit as long as it has also been hooked up to i-Pilot Link. So yes... iTracks can be transferred to another unit. Hope this helps.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fsae99 View Post
    I think what he means are i spots and i tracks part of the data when you export to sd card? So if my buddy had one and he fished some where and created spots and tracks he could sen them to me.
    The i-Pilot Link data (iTracks and Spot Locks) are transferrable. You can export them to as SD card same as Waypoints. They will transfer to another unit as long as the other unit has also been hooked up to Link.

Welcome MinnKota1 glad you are here to help.

The Original Question was if the current Gen 1 or Gen 2 iPilot (Not the new Link) Spot Lock and Tracks could be transferred to the New iPilot Link or the Humminbird System.
    --

14. Member
    Doug, the answer to that question is "no". If you have a Spot Lock location or recorded track on a current (Gen 1 or Gen 2) i-Pilot system, those locations/tracks are not transferable to i-Pilot Link.

15. Member
    Sorry... I misunderstood the question. Jason is correct. There is no compatibility between Link and Gen 1 or Gen 2. Data from Gen 1 or 2 cannot be transferred to an i-Pilot Link system. Sorry for any confusion.

My thinking originally if they want to convert, the easiest way I can think is with a bow mounted Humminbird with bow GPS Receiver they could hit spot lock with their Gen 1 or Gen 2 Product and save the locations on their Humminbird. Then start a new trackwith the same Humminbird bow mounted unit and then allow the Gen 1 or Gen 2 iPilot Track the course and then save that track in the Humminbird. The difference would be the distance between the iPilot Head and the GPS Receiver Location and if bow mounted with both is only going to be a few inches. Once they get the spots and tracks saved then they can have them in their Humminbird for use with the new iPilot Link. If they do it now they will have ready when the iPilot Link is available for the public. The Humminbird would be the source point for the spots and tracks they use with the Gen 1 or Gen 2 iPilot.
    --

17. Member
    Doug, your approach would work (well, it would kind of work) for spot locks and recorded tracks.

For spot locks stored in Gen 1 or Gen 2 i-Pilots, a user could use spot lock recall to get set up on a stored spot, and then use the <mark> function on their Humminbird Fish Finder to store that location as a waypoint. That waypoint can be changed to a Spot Lock location using the waypoint management tools in the Humminbird. Then, the stored spot lock location would be treated like any other spot lock generated or used by i-Pilot link.

For Recorded tracks stores in Gen 1 or Gen 2 i-Pilots, a user could play back a recorded track using their i-Pilot/trolling motor combo and drop waypoints on their Humminbird along that recorded track. Then, the user could generate a route through those waypoints and play that route back using i-Pilot link. This method isn't as "clean" as the spot lock transfer method, but if a user really had a fantastic track recorded on their current i-Pilot, it would be a way to get that information into the Humminbird fish finder, and thus into i-Pilot Link.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnKota1 View Post
    I am the Product Manager from Minn Kota. The i-Pilot Link data (iTracks and Spot Locks) are treated like other data on the Humminbird, such as waypoints. You can transfer data via SD card from one unit to another. The transferred data will show up on the new unit as long as it has also been hooked up to i-Pilot Link. So yes... iTracks can be transferred to another unit. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, I assumed it could be transferred but figured I best ask anyway.

19. Member
    So nice to see the 1197 included in this technology.. At first, it didnt look like it was going to be compatible, but now its included.. That just saved me a chunk of change.. Thanks Humminbird!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 91reddog View Post
    So nice to see the 1197 included in this technology.. At first, it didnt look like it was going to be compatible, but now its included.. That just saved me a chunk of change.. Thanks Humminbird!
    Where did you get that idea? Thought you had to have Ethernet capability. Does the 1197 have Ethernet? Didn't think so, just like the 997.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast