Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesled1 View Post
    Doug have you update the software for you ilink yet?? How hard is it?? My remote will not fully charge. I know one of the updates are for the charge light.
    I had to do that when I first started field testing it's very simple thru the Humminbird just follow the instructions and should work fine.
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

2. Member
    So being a walley guy, if i was doing a trolling pass but it was just with my gas kicker could i go back and just tell the bow mount to follow a certain part of the track? The most productive part.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketmouths View Post
    So being a walley guy, if i was doing a trolling pass but it was just with my gas kicker could i go back and just tell the bow mount to follow a certain part of the track? The most productive part.
    I played with this trolling for crappies yesterday. It seems to me the easiest way to handle this is to mark a waypoint when you catch a fish and have the Ipilot take you back from point to point.

There are so many features on the Link system it may take some time to figure them all out.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketmouths View Post
    I think to do that you would have to have the bow mount down and record the track. then all you have to do is hit start or end to follow the track. and I think you can reverse direction on the track, by hitting the start or end when ever you want to change direction.. My water is still ICE so i have not had the chance to use it yet.
    I Spend Most of my money on fishing, fishing tackle and boats, Very little is wasted......

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trytoofish View Post
    I think to do that you would have to have the bow mount down and record the track. then all you have to do is hit start or end to follow the track. and I think you can reverse direction on the track, by hitting the start or end when ever you want to change direction.. My water is still ICE so i have not had the chance to use it yet.

Track will record on the HB unit without the bow mount down. Can tell it to start at half point or either end.

Ice still? Where are you at in MN? All my family lives in Southern MN and I spend about three weeks a year there....

Southwest. I think the fishing opener will be ice fishing this year. lots of ice yet. And 15 inches of snow last week and a blizzard as I type, with 10 inches forcast today.
    I Spend Most of my money on fishing, fishing tackle and boats, Very little is wasted......

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trytoofish View Post
    Southwest. I think the fishing opener will be ice fishing this year. lots of ice yet. And 15 inches of snow last week and a blizzard as I type, with 10 inches forcast today.
    They are around the cities and Mankato... Tough winter

8. Member
    So I finally got around to geting my new Terrova w/Ilink powered up. With the foot pedal or remote the motor will turn left or right but is not responding to any commands for the propulsion. I went right to the battery to eliminate any possible wiring issues, my batteries are pretty new and the control panel shows the battery as having 3 full bars. The remote status says "No motor found". I don't know what else to do and will be calling MinnKota CS in the AM. Any suggestions?

9. Banned
    Mine did that once yesterday after I moved to another spot and relaunched. I unplugged the connection and plugged it in again and it worked fine.

James

10. Member
    Spoke with Minn Kota this AM and PM, I was directed to remove the cover on the motor head and try running power directly down the shaft to the motor. Well a no go, very dissapointing to say the least. Now i just hope the authorized marina/service center can get the the claim submitted and get the needed parts it just sucks the place is a 40 mi trip one way, CS said they could have a new motor and shaft to the center in possibly 7-10 days.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raypla View Post
    Spoke with Minn Kota this AM and PM, I was directed to remove the cover on the motor head and try running power directly down the shaft to the motor. Well a no go, very dissapointing to say the least. Now i just hope the authorized marina/service center can get the the claim submitted and get the needed parts it just sucks the place is a 40 mi trip one way, CS said they could have a new motor and shaft to the center in possibly 7-10 days.
    I would call back and talk to a supervisor asking they send a complete unit to you.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    I would call back and talk to a supervisor asking they send a complete unit to you.
    Yea the marina that's performing the service is going to order a new unit, I Just hope they get it all figured out before I head away on my trip

You do have the trolling motor deployed?
    --

Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Vahrenberg View Post
    You do have the trolling motor deployed?
    Oh yea

You might also call MinnKota since they are the main support for Terrova and iPilot Link.
    --

16. Member
    Doug, I have a question. I have a 798 hd si at the bow. I am thinking of getting the terrova with the I pilot link. Will side imaging work with the universal sonar or will I have to use an external transducer? Thanks.

17. Humminbird helper
    If you want Side Imaging sonar thna you have to use an external transducer.
    The Universal Sonar can only produce the 2D sonar.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com
    I help because I can

18. Member
    Thanks Greg.

Here is how I installed the SI Transducer on my Terrova

--

20. Member
    Had the I link out is weekend for a good test. I am very happy, having hundreds of hour on my old I pilot. The one thing I learned was don't leave home with out the remote charger, It lasted a day and half, not so good. But the remote work flawless, and from all over the boat. I did not have my foot pedal with me, it dos not fit in the foot well, working on make a stand. Doug I see you have one, did you make it or buy it?? I was able to control my I-link gust from my 1198. Lucky I was on my home lake, I have a lot of way points on it . So I just went from way-point to way-point and just spot lock when i need to. The only thing you can not do from the 1198 is turn the head "software update" Then you can completely control you I-link from your HB. I was able to fish the last half of the day without to much trouble. spot lock work great. Now we need lake master to put in high gear.

Mike
    Boat: 2013 Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion: 150 L FourStroke
    Underwater Surveillance: HELIX 12 MEGA G2N & 1198 & 997
    Alternative Propulsion: Ultrex I-Pilot Link
    Shallow Water Anchor: ​ 12' Talon

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast