Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teandrle View Post
    The release on my pedestal it really hard to push is there any repair to it. It is like it is not pulling it back far enough I have to use a tool or something to compress it far enough and it is just enough. Any ideas?
    What year and model is your boat?
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

2. Member
    2008 Z520.. it is just really hard to press the button and it does not move the clip back very far...

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I don’t know whether it’s possible to rebuild the pole. If it bothered me enough, I’d order a replacement from a dealer or Ranger Parts.

4. Member
    Here is the part not sure if you can buy direct from Springfield Marine.

http://www.springfieldgrp.com/produc.../locking-latch
    1997 Ranger 482vs
    2013 150HO Etec
    Bassmaster Classic Edition

5. Member
    Here is what helped me get mine out. I attached a come a long to the seat and hooked to my rafter. Slowly put pressure on it while twisting the post with a pipe wrench (jaws taped). The steady pressure helped break it loose

6. Member
    put a hose clamp around and then had to drill a ole through mine at tje top then put steel rod through hole and tapped up

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    I don’t know whether it’s possible to rebuild the pole. If it bothered me enough, I’d order a replacement from a dealer or Ranger Parts.

That is the part now I just have to find it. I wonder if I take it out if there is something I can repair on it. I have not found anyone who sells it yet.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    When I mentioned replacing “it,” Tadd, I meant the whole pedestal post. But that’s just me: I like to make boats work more than I like working on boats.

take a hose clamp, and put it over the button and tighten it to keep the catch disengaged, then with 2 guys 1 on the pipe wrench, and 1 lifting on the seat, it should turn and then it will come out, they are really bad when stuck, i sanded mine so they no longer stick,

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teandrle View Post
    That is the part now I just have to find it. I wonder if I take it out if there is something I can repair on it. I have not found anyone who sells it yet.

Got it... I was also looking at the part posted above http://www.springfieldgrp.com/produc.../locking-latch I may replace the post like you said since it is too tall for the wife and kids, I wish they made a shorter height adjustable one. I may have to go with non - adjustable

11. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    I remember a post about this a few years ago. One of the guys used a small floor jack. He somehow attached a strap to the post and then to then jack and it came right out. Might be something to play with if you have a jack.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain,CT.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2015 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veterans, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67

12. Member
    Are you saying the post is just catching because the latch isn’t retracting far enough or the whole pedestal is getting stuck?

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I took him as saying that the latch was difficult to retract with one hand while lifting the pedestal out of the base with the other hand. Three hands would be ideal for this task.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    I remember a post about this a few years ago. One of the guys used a small floor jack. He somehow attached a strap to the post and then to then jack and it came right out. Might be something to play with if you have a jack.
    The Latch is not pulling back far enough without some leverage.. either Channel locks or I wedge my foot against it...

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Are you saying the post is just catching because the latch isn’t retracting far enough or the whole pedestal is getting stuck?

2 Hands, Thumbs overlapped and Squeeze. Then Rock and pull as hard as you can. When it is out it looks like the latch does not move very far. I can spin the seat all I want but the latch is hard to get it to open.

16. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    For the op put a hose clamp around the button for the release and then with someone pulling up on it and you working a big pipe wrench with rags or tape not to harm the post work it loose, it should give after that sand down the insert and I also cut the latch off that the button moves it's not gonna fly out with out the latch on it trust me . that is what I ended up doing on both of mine ,
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

17. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Just realized the date on this original thread why not just start a new thread with your problem instead of digging up one from years ago....lol
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

18. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    We definitely had at least 2 threads going on here simultaneously, for 2 different kinds/dates of pedestal poles. Which is precisely why it is generally a bad idea to resurrect a years-old thread. This one originated nearly a decade ago, getting close to an archaeological record.

19. Member
    Different Schools of thought.. I did not intend to resurrect a decade post and really did not look at dates. I found it in a google search and replied to it. Not sure there is harm in it, seems like some good historical data like a paper trail. That said I do appreciate the tips I have received thus far. I might first try to file down the clip and see if it just needs to be shorter to work appropriately. I am intrigued by just removing it since I really would like to cut this post shorter anyway will see how that goes.

20. Member
    I have a 01 Triton. Back pedastool seat is wobbly. The nut inside the deck that the pedastool pole screws to has broke loose. Any suggestions on how to fix it?? Can't get pedastool out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast