Thread: Bomoseen info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bomoseen info

Hi guys, i havea club 2 day t in a few weeks at bomoseen, cant find any info at all, no maps, or anything

Does anyone know anything about this lake? Seems awful large for there to be no info...maybe theres no fish there...

Thanks
    brian

2. Member
    VT DEC has a lot of depth charts on their website but a few are notably absent, this being one of them. Navionics does not have the lake either. Toms bait shop in castleton or woodard marine should have a depth chart, it'll be simple probably but get you going.

3. Member
    thanks! i managed to find an old map from a buddy, kind of odd how such a large body of water has next to no info on it anywhere....the fishing either stinks or everyone wants to keep it to themselves

garmin spent last year out there mapping the lake. The fish I've been catching are either on frogs in the north end, or deep weed lines 10-25ft. good luck.
    __________________________________________________ _________

1999 Javelin Renegade 19
    1999 Johnson 175
    Raker 24

5. Member
    awesome thank you! ill try to get a copy of the garmin maps....

what is your take on average size of lm and smallmouth, and is either dominant or both equal numbers? i havent found much info anywhere...even reports seem scarce.

Thanks again
    Brian

Thats a funny lake!!! 6in or 40ft great jig lake target large mouth

7. Member
    ya it was different for sure...the main lake looked awesome but not much quality other than a few fish from what we saw. i ended up winning up north punching matts....there was a 300 foot stretch that produced all weekend. 28.9 for 10 fish over 2 days, 13 and change the first day, 15 and change the second day, biggest fish was 4.02 so it was a good average up there.

the next best bag was 19 and change from the main lake, 3rd was 11 and change, so it was definitley a grind out there.

no good smallies which was a dissapointment but im sure they are there...seems like you really have pinpoint the spot...you cant fish a general area like you can other lakes for smallies.
    Last edited by bh54lf; 08-12-2012 at 12:44 PM.

i wanted to tell you to go north of bridge but was affraid other guys in club would read thread. Its a funny lake we have gone there and had almost 19lbs with 4 fish but most of the time its a dink fest there CONGRATS!!

9. Member
    I am heading to this lake Sat&Sun, can you run on plane up north beyond the bridge? Anyone have a clue on weed growth?

Love that lake caught an 8.1 largemouth last year.