Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I think radials are a better choice for softer ride for the boat, and longer life on the road.
    It's been quite a few years since I have been on here but I do see that we have tire information and I wonder the idea time in years to replace the trailer shocks?? I've gone through plenty of tires on this 2004 Legend trailer..well actually EasyLoad trailer. I wish they would offer road hazard as they do with truck tires. ST205/75R14 I sure would like to check on some new wheels as well...thanks

2005 Legend LE-21
    2015 Mercury PRO XS 250
    Hummingbird 1198 SI 998 SI
    Helix 12 DI/GPS Chirp
    Hummingbird 360
    MinnKota 112
    Hydrowave
    MinnKota Talon

2. Member
    I have to replace my Good Year Marathons (ST215/75 R14) and I heard that some with tandem axles are getting away from "Trailer" tires and going with good regular tires. As long as the load range is right, any thoughts on this? There are some posts on this already but most are quite old, and Tire Technology changes all the time. Any updated info is appreciated. I have never had problems with trailer tires. Don't know what the rig weighs yet, but guessing 3500lbs?.
    Last edited by StormSal; 12-07-2020 at 12:06 AM.

3. Member
    For that size tire get yourself some GoodYear Endurance tires.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StormSal View Post
    I have to replace my Good Year Marathons (ST215/75 R14) and I heard that some with tandem axles are getting away from "Trailer" tires and going with good regular tires. As long as the load range is right, any thoughts on this? There are some posts on this already but most are quite old, and Tire Technology changes all the time. Any updated info is appreciated. I have never had problems with trailer tires. Don't know what the rig weighs yet, but guessing 3500lbs?.
    I only use ST rated tires on my trailer. This article may help explain why.
    https://www.crossingcreeksrvresort.c...tires-st-or-lt
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

5. Member
    Hey CatFan, the posted tire specs is from 2015, are these specs still good or can you post an updated 14" tire spec sheet? Thanks

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    Hey CatFan, the posted tire specs is from 2015, are these specs still good or can you post an updated 14" tire spec sheet? Thanks
    Everything is still good as far as I know. I check them when anybody posts a question about one. There might be new tires on the market or some that aren’t available that I don’t know about, so let me know if you come across anything.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    I was looking at these tires. Maxxis M8008 ST Radial Trailer Tire-ST215/75R14 144Q

CatFan what do you think.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

8. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I was looking at these tires. Maxxis M8008 ST Radial Trailer Tire-ST215/75R14 144Q

CatFan what do you think.
    How much does your rig weigh and how many axles?
    nothing else matters.​

9. Member
    Rajun Cajun 3,000 lbs. single axle

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

10. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Rajun Cajun 3,000 lbs. single axle
    I’d go with a load range D tire.
    nothing else matters.​

11. Member
    Thanks Catfan

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

12. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    So I am so done with the Marathons, 2 years ago, on a 1 year old tire, 1 separated in the threads, caught it before it blew. Replaced all of them. Just shy of the 2 years now, tire blew and I mean BLEW. Had just checked the pressure before leaving was 48lbs. Found a tire dealer and he has ordered me Endurance's so we will see how they hold up.

13. Member
    So here I am many years down the road from these latest posts. Read all the info here and other sites. I would like a further updated opinion on trailer tires for my boat. The boat is a Ranger z521 with 250hp plus gear. I have not yet weighed it but I know it's a very heavy boat. The current tires are General Altimax R43 radials, which came on the boat. The load range is listed as 1709 lbs. It is my belief that these are undersized for my rig. I was looking at the Goodyear Endurance, but it seems they don't make them in my size which is 215/65 R 17 Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

14. Member
    I realize this is a long thread and have not dug in to much but I just bought a boat and trailer and the tires are really really old. It freaked me out driving home. Anyway, I have been looking for reasonably priced tires and cannot find much before we have to leave tomorrow night for a tournament. I did find two for a tandem axle (our boat is an XPress X19). Anyway was thinking about replacing the two rear just to have some comfort about getting there safe'er. Any reason this is a terrible idea?

15. Member
    What is the alternative tire choices on the ranger ghetto 17 inch rims. Two of my factory Kendra’s have issues being out of round and belts visible.
    92 492vs. 92 Suzuki 225 EFI

16. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan 492VS View Post
    What is the alternative tire choices on the ranger ghetto 17 inch rims. Two of my factory Kendra’s have issues being out of round and belts visible.
    A 92 with 17” factory wheels? Either your sig is out of date or you have aftermarket wheels.

What size are your tires? Tandem or single axle?
    nothing else matters.​

17. Member
    What Brand Of Trailer Tires Do I Need To Buy ? I've Got A 1995 Skeeter 200 SX With Dual Axle Trailer, I really Would Like To Stay With White Letter Tires. Size Is ST 215/75R14

18. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mercpromax View Post
    What Brand Of Trailer Tires Do I Need To Buy ? I've Got A 1995 Skeeter 200 SX With Dual Axle Trailer, I really Would Like To Stay With White Letter Tires. Size Is ST 215/75R14
    You aren’t likely to find white letter tires.
    nothing else matters.​

Im planning a several hundred mile trip w my boat. My current tires are Carlisle 205 75 14 load rage D. These tires are about 8 years old so I'm replacing them b4 my trip.

Am i better off getting the same tires are going with a light truck tire. My boat is the one in my signature and my trailer is a tandem Axle

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Im planning a several hundred mile trip w my boat. My current tires are Carlisle 205 75 14 load rage D. These tires are about 8 years old so I'm replacing them b4 my trip.

Am i better off getting the same tires are going with a light truck tire. My boat is the one in my signature and my trailer is a tandem Axle
    Goodyear Endurance Load range "D"

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234