Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave 620VS View Post
    I went to Discount Tire and they can order these tires from the chart ( Hankook RA08 195R14 ) , just a heads up to let you guys know were you can get em. Cost is $104 per tire I ordered 5 new spare also .
    i just ordered a set last week from Discount, $106 each.

2. Member
    Only question I have is will a 27 inch tire fit if my good years are 26.1 inch.
    Single axial trailer. 2003 Stratos 19xl

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos19xl View Post
    Only question I have is will a 27 inch tire fit if my good years are 26.1 inch.
    Single axial trailer. 2003 Stratos 19xl
    You'll lose less than half an inch clearance to the fender. See what you have now.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Has anyone used the Kenda 205/75/14 8 ply D rated tires yet?
    If so how are they holding up?
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

5. Member
    The speed rating in your chart for the Maxxis M8008 215/75R14 is incorrect. It's a "Q" rated tire, up to 100 mph.
    Champion 206
    250XB

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dkennimer View Post
    The speed rating in your chart for the Maxxis M8008 215/75R14 is incorrect. It's a "Q" rated tire, up to 100 mph.
    The entire size/spec on the tire sidewall is ST215 /75 R14 102 C1 which as far as I can see doesn't include a speed rating. The 102 for load rating corresponds to the 1870lb spec, but there should be a letter after it to designate speed rating. If you look on Amazon, you'll see it's R rated (106MPH) there. Onlinetires.com is the only place I can find that shows a Q rating. Q or R really doesn't matter, but the fact that Maxxis doesn't publish a speed rating and other sources either don't have it speed rated or are in conflict makes me hesitate to show the faster rating.

If you can find a source from Maxxis for the rating, I'll gladly update.

Maxxis didn't respond when I emailed them some time back to ask about it
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    So far I've put over 2000 miles on these Kendra D rated 205/75/14 tires and couldn't be happier.
    Will see how they hold up over the year to come of towing in the hot sun of South Florida. I'll report back next year to how they have worn and tow.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    The entire size/spec on the tire sidewall is ST215 /75 R14 102 C1 which as far as I can see doesn't include a speed rating. The 102 for load rating corresponds to the 1870lb spec, but there should be a letter after it to designate speed rating. If you look on Amazon, you'll see it's R rated (106MPH) there. Onlinetires.com is the only place I can find that shows a Q rating. Q or R really doesn't matter, but the fact that Maxxis doesn't publish a speed rating and other sources either don't have it speed rated or are in conflict makes me hesitate to show the faster rating.

If you can find a source from Maxxis for the rating, I'll gladly update.

Maxxis didn't respond when I emailed them some time back to ask about it
    Is the Maxxis M8008 215/75R14 a good tire or not? I noticed in one of the "sticky posts" where in "RED" it says "Not the Maxxis M8008

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    Is the Maxxis M8008 215/75R14 a good tire or not? I noticed in one of the "sticky posts" where in "RED" it says "Not the Maxxis M8008
    Yes, but it's not adequate for a glass boat on a single axle trailer. Maxxis makes the UE-168 which is a higher capacity tire.
    nothing else matters.​

Yes, but it's not adequate for a glass boat on a single axle trailer. Maxxis makes the UE-168 which is a higher capacity tire.
    Ok, thanks CatFan....this is what I have on mine but I have a tandem axle so I should be fine???

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

11. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    Ok, thanks CatFan....this is what I have on mine but I have a tandem axle so I should be fine???
    Should be good.
    nothing else matters.​

12. Member
    Do you no where I can find the Maxxis UE-168 215/75R14 tires. Cannot find these online anywhere.
    (Looks like the 205R14C size will fit my wheels)

I have a single axle trailer that I need to replace my us made goodyear marathons. There are C rated and I haven't had any issues with them hauling my Triton 186. Were my existing tires not adequate for a glass boat on a single axle trailer.
    Last edited by Scott AU; 01-28-2017 at 04:32 AM.

13. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott AU View Post
    Do you no where I can find the Maxxis UE-168 215/75R14 tires. Cannot find these online anywhere.
    (Looks like the 205R14C size will fit my wheels)

I have a single axle trailer that I need to replace my us made goodyear marathons. There are C rated and I haven't had any issues with them hauling my Triton 186. Were my existing tires not adequate for a glass boat on a single axle trailer.
    Simpletire.com had them recently. I believe Pep Boys might handle then too.

Whether the Cs are adequate depends on what your rig weighs. My post in this thread with the chart gives some guidance numbers for how much weight a set of tires can handle.
    nothing else matters.​

I was directed to this thread from another.....I have a single axle trailer that needs new tires. The current ones on there are Uniroyal 225/70/r14 which are def not load rated for the boat. What size tire can I get away with as I cannot find a direct replacement in d rating anywhere.

15. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybones View Post
    I was directed to this thread from another.....I have a single axle trailer that needs new tires. The current ones on there are Uniroyal 225/70/r14 which are def not load rated for the boat. What size tire can I get away with as I cannot find a direct replacement in d rating anywhere.

A 225/70-14 would have a diameter of 26.4" so you are right in the ballpark of a 205/75-14 or a 215/75-14. Check out this post http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post6208861 for a list of tires that should work.

If you haven't already done so, getting your rig weighed packed for fishing can be useful information
    nothing else matters.​

16. Member
    Dual axle trailer with shocks how much would 1.2" in tire OD make. Have about 2 1/4" clearance now w/goodyear marathons.

Never mind Goodyear has come out with a load range D in 14" in the Endurance series for trailers only.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....odel=Endurance
    Last edited by EdDavisKY; 02-11-2017 at 12:05 PM.

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

Did exactly what I should have done when I bought my girl, upgrade the tires. Bought new Carlisle 215/75/14 with D rating, and new valve stems, balanced, and ready for the new season. Great advice on this blog is priceless, regardless of what kind of fishing you do. Always meant to do it. this site is like my kid brother, reminding me of what I should do

18. Member
    Had a blowout yesterday. Currently the trailer has 13" tires. May look to upgrade to larger tires and rims in the future. For now, looking for somewhat an inexpensive option for my 13's. Seems like Carlisle Radial HD and Kenda Karrier are a few options I have for replacements right now. Any thoughts on these 2 tires??? Tandem axle trailer, torsion axles, carrying a 22' Boston Whaler Dauntelss. Approx loaded weight is 5,000 lbs. The current Load Star's on it now always show a pretty good "bulge" even at max psi. So looking for a better Load D tire that will ride at 65PSI.

Thanks!!!

19. Mike Lamb
    good info
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flatsboy View Post
    So far I've put over 2000 miles on these Kendra D rated 205/75/14 tires and couldn't be happier.
    Will see how they hold up over the year to come of towing in the hot sun of South Florida. I'll report back next year to how they have worn and tow.
    Just a update on the Kendra Trailer Tires!
    So after almost two years of running these tires I can say they are Shit!
    Last week on the way up to NC one of the tires deformed and inner threads must of let go. Good thing I caught it before it blew since the trailer was shaking.
    The thread wear on the tires were normal and looked fine. Never again!
    Goodyear Endurance all the way from here on out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast