Banned

1998 Procraft 180 Wiring Diagram... Any help is appreciated.

A buddy bought a 1998 Procraft 180 and has some gremlins in the wiring (Nav lights and bildge). Anyone have a diagram? I have looked on the lids of the compartments for them as that is where I have seen them in other boats and no luck. His rocker switches have a light and the switch lights up but the actual lights/bilge do not always work.

If ya got one anyway you can take a pic and email to me (ncsucooper (at) gmail . com)? It would be greatly appreciated. He is a vet and would love to get him straightened out!!!! Even a similar boat would probably help.

I am going to see it Saturday and know how to test the circuits. He says he cannot find a fuse block anywhere (just some in line fuses). It seems to have a breakers you can reset at the console but is that really all it would have?

He also says it goes really nose high out of the hole and take a while to come down and plane out. I do not know what prop he has but it sounds like the motor may be mounted to low. No jack plate. What holes are anyone's mounted in?

Thanks all!!!!

2. Member
    Wiring diagram on its way

3. Banned

4. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Here's scans of the diagrams that came with my 98' 2000DC.. It's labeled as the diagrams for the 170/180/200 so it should be the same.. Just save the file and let windows open it with "mspaint" or something similar.. (It's a .tif file, and contains 4 or 5 pages.) You'll probably need to print them out to be able to read them.. But once ya do, you can make out what's what.. Good luck!

Astro Docs

5. Banned
    Mickstix... Thanks for the file and I really appreciate it. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I am only getting 1 page (labeled 1 of 5). I have tried it with several pic viewers including paint and that is all I see. Any chance you could try it again? Again, thanks for taking the time to help!!!!!

6. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Hmm, I use Firefox (web browser) and it works fine, but just tried it with Internet Explorer and it just opens the cover page.. If your using IE (web browser?) "right" click the link and choose "Save target as". (save the file to your desktop, etc. and open it with "Windows Photo Viewer" or "Paint Shop Pro".. (Photo Viewer is the default mine uses to open it, and I also have paintshoppro that I opened it with, just to double check that it works.. Both open all 5 pages) Hope that helps!

Note: If ya use Firefox (browser) to open it, it asks what you want to do with the file.. Open or save, and if ya click open, it defaults to the Windows Photo Viewer and you can sift through the pages with the arrows at the bottom of the page.. PSP just opens all 5 pages in seperate windows..

7. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Ah, nevermind all that.. I just saved them as .jpgs and uploaded them seperately.. Save em' and print them out (cause the website scaled them down a little) they fill up a 8.5x11 sheet and it's easier to read.. You'll have to do some studying and tracing of wire/color (cause some of the text is hard to read) but be patient and you'll get it!

Last edited by Mickstix; 07-10-2012 at 10:28 AM.

8. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Ever used a power probe II? It's kind of a test light on steroids. Let's you test pos(+) and gnd(-) with readout AND it let's you apply 12Volts and/or ground anywhere in the circuit or to any component. Allows very fast testing of circuits, pumps, lights...whatever....Got mine off the Snap-on truck.

Mick - great diagrams!
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

9. Banned
    Thanks for posting them!! as that will help me greatly.

I have tried everything to get the original to have more than one page and that is all I get.

Windows Fax and pic viewer just frames thru the same page and paint only opens one window and no scroll down.

RiverRat I have seen something similar on the Mac truck that comes by the shop. I have a really nice multimeter I am going to use. Honestly if the symtoms are what he describes it almost has to be a chaffed wire that is grounding at times. I will pull them at the switch and twist the ends together and see if continuity is there at the other end when I jiggle/pull on them. Probably will just pull a couple of new wires and got new switches today just in case. I will let him know the BBC guys came thru for me/him and he will be greatly appreciative of everything!

10. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Yea, I just tried it with Paint, Picture Viewer, and Photoshop Elements.. None of them would open it correctly.. Scroll down your list of "Open with" choices and see if you have "Windows Photo Viewer".. That'll open it.. PSP (Paint Shop Pro) will also, and probably others, but those are the 2 I got it to open with.. Anyway, glad ya got it and hope ya solve your wiring probs!!

11. Member
    Doing a restoration on a 1997 Procraft 180. We are looking for a wiring diagram.
    Can anyone out there help us?

12. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    They're kinda rough, but with some studying and possibly a magnifying glass, you can get the gist of it. Hope they help!