Thread: Suzuki efi 150

Suzuki efi 150

Guys, I am looking at a 95 Ranger with a 2000 EFI 150 Suzuki on it. Any thoughts good or bad? I know nothing of Suzuki motors. The price is right. He claims to only have 50 hours on the motor. Also, do any of you know what the max rpms would be on that motor and water pressure recommendations? Thanks,

Terry

2. Member

Re: Suzuki efi 150 (bassmants)

On that motor Max RPM's should be around 5500 water pressure should be around 10-12 cruising. That's what mine was. 50 hours on a motor is just broke in. I would have the carbs cleaned up before you run it.

Re: Suzuki efi 150 (Nitrochris)

Do not be afraid of that engine. It is one of the most reliable engines ever made regardless of manufacturer. The only problem that some have run in to is a good mechanic. I would check around your area to make sure you have someone that can work on it. If so I would go for it if you like the boat. You will only need the mechanic for general maintenance because those Suzuki's just don't break. They are very strong and great running engines. But the way you don't have carbs on that engine it is fuel injection. Post a picture when you get a chance, I would love to see the new rig. Good luck.
    God bless,
    Stephen

4. Member

Re: Suzuki efi 150 (TexSkeeter150)

Oh yeah, I didnt see it was EFI. Good catch.

5. Member
    Repowered with a Suzuki 4 stroke a few months ago. Doubt I will ever leave that product name. Best dang engine I've owned. I've not owned a Yamaha but have owned several Evinrude, Mercury and Johnsons. Cannot touch this thing. Maybe not as fast but mechancially I don't think it can be touched. All of them are mechanical and have issues at times. But I think these guys are on top of it. Do your homework on that particular motor and don't look back.

6. Member
    Presuming it is a 2 stroke. Use the right oil. I had a small Suzuki, 65 HP, that thought it was a 90. Check and refill the lower unit unless you trust the P O and he did it. Looks like you have a lot of water there to use it on. 50 hours is not many at all for 10 years. On the newer Suzuki 4 strokes when you turn the key on the warning beeper sounds and the tachometer jumps to the number of hours on the motor. If it jumps to 1000 RPM the motor has 100 hours, if it goes to 3500 the motor has 350 and so on. You might try that.

7. Member
    LOL guys!!

This is a mismash of a very old post from 2006 that was talking about a DT150 (DT = 2 stroke) V6 Suzuki.

and .....

Ranger is of course talking about a new DF150 4 stroke.

Worlds apart in technology/design/performance and not to mention, fuel use!

8. Member
    Well Hell!! Now you expect us to notice a little detail like a post is 13 lousy years old? I have never been so insulted. LOL. Remember, old news is good news.