Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member

Re: Not sure if anyone is still here or not??? (Stu. Ozi Skeeter)

Hello gentle men,
    im interested in buying a zuki from a fellow bbcer here, im old school merc and omc guy so i know nothing bout these motors, so any info yall can tell me maintence how hard how much how expensive, is it dependable how long can i run before overhaul can it take punishment? all these things i would like to know , the motor is the 95 model listed below in the forum 95 225 looks great to me so any help would be a appreciated

Kevin Soileau
    2007 21 xdc
    250 xs

2. Member

Re: Not sure if anyone is still here or not??? (dirtdemon)

I have a 96 150 and it's a beast. Runs strong and pushes my 19.5 ft Bee to 60. The only issue I've had is getting work done and getting parts. Especially where I live in TN there aren't a lot of 'Zuki dealers / service shops around. My mechanic does a great job but they generally take a little longer to get parts. Otherwise I have no issues with the motor at all. Solid and dependable.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

3. Member

Re: Not sure if anyone is still here or not??? (smalljawguy)

thanks smalljaw im really considering this deal it sounds like it might push my bullet just fine , not many zuki dealers here either but i think i can find someone to turn a decent wrench

Kevin Soileau
    2007 21 xdc
    250 xs

4. Member

Re: Not sure if anyone is still here or not??? (dirtdemon)

I would not have bought mine but the boat was a friends and I knew it was well taken care of. They are good motors and are strong. If it checks out and the price is right I would not hesitate at all. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

5. Member

Re: Not sure if anyone is still here or not??? (smalljawguy)

well im overseas for 2 more weeks so if its still there when i get home ill more than likey take a road trip

Kevin Soileau
    2007 21 xdc
    250 xs

6. Member
    hello folks. my brother has a 1991 uszuki 150 "super six". we changed out the impeller yesterday. now i am trying to get it to fire up. gonna change out the plugs. is there anything else i need to check out before i get too far into this? we are having a hard time finding info on this certain year model seeing as it seems ot be the only year they made it. thanks in advance.

7. Member
    nevermind fellas,lol. i got it working jsut fine. make a note, don't hook up muffs, get a tub or 55 gallon drum and fill with water. muffs don't get enough water to make it pee. tub does. hahaha!! she be running fine now. brother is happy as all get out now.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaandbassman View Post
    nevermind fellas,lol. i got it working jsut fine. make a note, don't hook up muffs, get a tub or 55 gallon drum and fill with water. muffs don't get enough water to make it pee. tub does. hahaha!! she be running fine now. brother is happy as all get out now.
    As a side note, I had a smaller Suzuki on a 16 foot boat I sold to a friend. He called me to say the water pump was bad. I drove to his house, took it apart, everything looked good, put it back together and it still didn't pump water. Turns out the muffs didn't seal the entire water pump opening, and a water pump would rather pump air than water.

9. Banned
    I have a 372v ranger. i am looking for the rebuild kit and shifter arm for my Suzuki dt150 super six.

Quote Originally Posted by hanapaa90504 View Post
    Hi Suzuki Family...

I just inherited a 1997 Ranger 518DVS that has a Merc 200 EFI. Since I live in Southern Cal, this motor does not meet the standards required to fish our Diamond Valley Lake. I was wondering about repowering with a Suzuki DF200? What do you guys think? I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with these latest in the Suzuki 4-stroke line. Thank you...

Darin
    I have and 07 Alumacraft with an 07 DF200. I can only say great things about the motor. It really runs well and pushes my tub to 54 on GPS. I can barely hear it at idle. My 69 year old father can't hear it and if he is driving from spot to sspot when we're fishing together I have to remind him to shut the motor off. Great on fuel. They do weigh quite about though. If I could get a Nitro ZV-21 with a 300 Suzuki on it I would have pulled the trigger already last year...

Wow not much activity on this board. I have a '96 DT150S on a '94 Charger foxfire 186

12. Member
    Here's a little more motivation..... IMG_20210429_174924851.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12