Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow, that is amazing. I was just complaining about my white hull last night after taking it out and wiping it down. I am buying some tonight on my way home from work. What kind of good sealer would work for after I'm done cleaning it? Would a good carnuba paste wax like Mothers work fine?

2000 Triton Tr21
    225 Evinrude
    USMC

Quote Originally Posted by White Lightning View Post
    Wow, that is amazing. I was just complaining about my white hull last night after taking it out and wiping it down. I am buying some tonight on my way home from work. What kind of good sealer would work for after I'm done cleaning it? Would a good carnuba paste wax like Mothers work fine?
    Any good high Carnauba wax will work fine.

Man, that stuff worked great. I now have a beautiful white hull again. I never thought I would see this day. I am grateful for whoever it was that stumbled upon this idea. It was so easy it was scary. Two bottles of the stuff was all it took. I was going to take pics of one side but got so wrapped up in how it was turning out I totally forgot to take any. Now it's time to lay under it and apply a nice coat of wax to it.

2000 Triton Tr21
    225 Evinrude
    USMC

4. Member
    I suppose this will work on any color hull.

2005 Legend LE-21
    2015 Mercury PRO XS 250
    Hummingbird 1198 SI 998 SI
    Helix 12 DI/GPS Chirp
    Hummingbird 360
    MinnKota 112
    Hydrowave
    MinnKota Talon

After cleaning my white hull I applied some BTS(Bow to Stern). Just follow the directions and get 3 coats on the entire boat. After I finished mine I could leave the lake having not wiped my boat down. I would sometimes let it set a week before wipping it down and any stains would wipe right off. Good stuff.

Pro Tec Sealant Polish to seal your gel coat.

Don't be Dull, Let Your Boat Shine with Pro-Tec WWW.PROTECPRODUCTS.COM

7. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lurehead03 View Post
    nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! will ruin aluminum turns it white
    I have an aluminum trailer.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Yea, That Works is some powerful stuff. I remember back in my younger days we used to mess with that stuff with 2 liter bottles to make some super loud wake up noises.... I won't describe how, don't want anyone to learn from my errant ways... lol..
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

9. Member
    THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS UP FROM THE DEAD…I WANTED THE PICS THAT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND…AND YES THE BOAT WAS SOLD A FEW YEARS AGO WITH THE SAME WHITE HULL IN THE PICS!

10. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcherry View Post
    THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS UP FROM THE DEAD…I WANTED THE PICS THAT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND…AND YES THE BOAT WAS SOLD A FEW YEARS AGO WITH THE SAME WHITE HULL IN THE PICS!
    Your welcome! I covered my Aluminum trailer with plastic and Now I have no yellow stains.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

11. Member
    GOOD DEAL...

12. Member
    Amen to the above. Dollar stores sell "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner for, you guessed it, $1.00. I tried the Star Brite hull cleaner, $9.99 at Walmart. It got some of the stain but it left a lot. The Works was great. I got an old blue plastic tarp and cut it in order to cover my trailer. Used a spray bottle to apply The Works, waited about 4-5 minutes and hosed it off. Had to re-apply a couple of places. Kazam!! A white hull, and believe me, it had been really bad. Use gloves, do it outside for ventilation and apply a couple coats of wax. It also worked on my highly oxidized colored metal flake areas.

13. Member
    Gallon of muriatic acid by the gallon is much cheaper at Lowe's or Home Depot. It is used to clean mortar off of brick. I use it and mix it 50/50 and it works great.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilin Dan'l View Post
    Gallon of muriatic acid by the gallon is much cheaper at Lowe's or Home Depot. It is used to clean mortar off of brick. I use it and mix it 50/50 and it works great.
    That is a pretty potent mixture at 50/50, I think you're nuts because at that ratio it will eat holes into concrete.

I used On OFF in the past but this method does seem easier. On Off gets brushed on and then hosed off.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

16. Member
    Can it be rinsed over a sealed driveway? I have a pretty new driveway and I would hate to mess it up with this stuff.

17. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Can it be rinsed over a sealed driveway? I have a pretty new driveway and I would hate to mess it up with this stuff.
    Put some on a rag, wipe the stains (have gloves on), rinse and you will be fine.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12