Thread: Seminole Lake

Retired-catch and release Mikekylake's Avatar

Seminole Lake

Thinking of possibly moving to this area.Can anyone give me a little information about surrounding
    area(Bainbridge).Also any information about Seminole Lake.From what I've read it's great for largemouth.Alot of the pics I've seen showed a lot of stumps.Is the lake hard to get around on because of them.Thanks for any info,Mike
    Mike DeArmon
    2012 Ranger Z521
    ​250 Yamaha SHO

2. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Big largemouth & big stumps!
    As for getting around there is some tricky areas that will make you hold your breathe until you get use to running them. It really would be beneficial to go with someone who knows their way around a few times.

I haven't been there in many of years and just a few times at that so maybe someone will follow up that can help you more.
    Last edited by fishnfool38; 06-20-2012 at 07:39 AM.

The channels are marked well and, as long as you stay in them, you won't have any trouble. The hydrilla is growing quite well now.

4. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    when you run outside of the marked channels on seminole…..well, make sure your insurance is paid up….just in case

seminole is an awesome fishery, you can fish just about anything you can think of on that lake….i havent been there in a long time, but its a great place to fish...

Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    The channels are marked well and, as long as you stay in them, you won't have any trouble. The hydrilla is growing quite well now.
    Fred was in the channel when he left his 250 up there at the mouth of the flint never cut between floating islands of crap/weeds there may be a floater hiding in there

Cool place though as old man river said you can litterally do anything in every kind of water you can imagine

6. Member
    during low water there a lots big stump in main channel that was cut when lake was backed up

I was at Wingate's years ago when they came towing Ron Shuffield in with his outboard on top of the back deck. He had hit a submerged floater.
    Last edited by Olebiker; 07-25-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    I was at Wingate's years ago when they came towing Ron Shuffield in with his outboard on top of the back deck. He had hit a submerged floater.
    Would love to know how many times that has happened in wingstes history

9. Member
    Fished it last Nov with State Federation and loved it. Plenty of big water, standing timbers, shallow water, GRASS and big fish. Take time to learn it and you will be fine.
    2003 SX200 Skeeter / Yamaha 3.1 200 OX 66