Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member

input and suggestions desired...

I recently bought a used 2001 Triton TR21 bass boat with a 2001 Yamaha 225 VMAX 0X66. I'm not sure what prop it currently has on it, but it looks like an aftermarket no-name 3 blade brand and I cannot find a stamp on the barrel for the dia/pitch. The prop has some damage to it, suffering a tear in one blade that is about 3/8" long into the blade. I'm sure it could be pounded out, brazed, and reshaped (it's stainless steel btw) but by the time I pay for that work to be done I may as well by a new prop. So...what would you recommend? I'm new to owning my own boat but the research that I've done seems to indicate a tropy tempest or tropy plus with a 25 pitch. I'm not a tournament fisherman but I do appreciate good performance out of everything I own. So, I'm looking for good whole shot and as good top end speed as possible given a good whole shot. That said, I'd also like to optimize the economy (fuel efficiency) of my rig...and I definitely want to stay with stainless steel. So...does that mean I go with a 4 blade prop instead of 3 or what. As I've said, this is all new to me...so your input would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by marty92xrd View Post
    UPDATED Prop Pricing 2/7/2019!!!! New Coupon Code!!

Props and any other items we have listed can now be ordered straight from our website www.rothwellmarine.com Simply add any item listed on our website to your cart such as props, hub kits, Power Poles, etc.

VERY IMPORTANT!!! Due to pricing and advertising changes, BBC Members must enter the Coupon Code "BBC" to receive the special discount on ANY item in your cart!!

Please do not hesitate to call us at 870-777-6180 with any questions you have about applications, pricing, or installation.

WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD ON NEW MERCURY PROPS!

Rothwell Marine would like to Thank everyone here for the continued you have shown us over the last few years. We would like to let everyone at BBC know that we do have special pricing on props and other items. If you are having problems figuring out what prop or pitch you need, we will gladly help in anyway possible. We also would like everyone to know that we do have an exchange program on any prop you buy from us that we normally keep in stock. If you buy a prop from us and it is the wrong pitch, you can return it to us within 30 days along with $50 (covers shipping and handling) and we will send you the next pitch. We do not want to see anyone get stuck with a prop thats not going to work right. Unfortunatly we cannot do this with special ordered props or props that have been worked.

*We do not offer refunds on props, only exchanges*

Also, if you are buying a prop from us and you would like Mark Croxton to work it, we can take payment for everything all at once. We will ship the prop to Mark, he will work his magic on it, then he will ship it to you. He is the best there is by far, and has a very quick turn around time.

Below is a link to our internet specials page on our website that include pricing on props.

https://rothwellmarine.com/product-c...rnet-specials/

If you would like to post a question for us about the props for Gregg or myself, please do on this thread.

Thanks again to all the BBC members from all of us here at Rothwell Marine!!

Hi Guys, I have repowered my 92 Ranger 361v with a 03 Yamaha 150 hpdi vmax. It came with a M21 and it's too small. 6100 at 53 mph. I've borrowed a Tempest plus 24p and I think that might be the one new numbers were 5700 at 60 mph. That was me by myself one full tank. Guys are telling me to get a 23 tempest plus. But I dont want to over rev the motor. Also tried a 25p Fury with full tanks and a buddy light gear and ran 5600 rpm and only 55.6 mph. I have a 6" Bob's versajack set at 3.5 prop to pad. Also I've upgraded to a 80# ultrex, 1 8' powerpole pro2 and 3 lithium batteries. Thanks in advance. Like to stick with a mercury prop because I've bought the hub kit but welcome all suggestions. Thanks!

3. Member
    When do you expect to have back in stock Fury 3-23” in stock?

4. Member
    Current boat 2008 Triton 18 Explorer 115 Optimax, no jackplate
    Prop - 20p Laser2
    Tournament load - live wells, co-angler etc 5380 rpm (Vessel view), light load ~5700 not documented but about 48 mph
    Tournament load hole shot - beyond slow, probably close to 10-15 seconds.
    Would a Spitfire X7 19p correct the hole shot and not top the rev limiter?
    If so, can you quote that prop?
    Thanks,

5. Member
    Coupon code expired. No reply to my email. Tell me agaib, why should we buy from Rothwell??

6. Member
    I have a 96 ProCraft 185DC. Had a Merc EFI 150 with a quicksilver 23P prop. I blew up the motor and located a 2016 G2 150HO to replace it. All work is now done for the swap but I require a prop adapter to work with the G2. Is there an adapter available for this swap and if so can a part number be provided with the cost please. Thanks in advance.

7. Member
    I have a 2013 Nitro Z8 with Mercury 225 Pro XS. Currently I am running 26 Tempest. Running about 5700 rpms at about 63 mph. What prop could I run to have better performance? I would like to be able to get to 70 mph. Hole shot now is not too bad. Been looking at 25, 26 and 27 pitch Tempest, Bravo xs and fury 4. Too many props and pitches to choose from. Sure could use some guidance or recommendations. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdixon980 View Post
    I have a 2013 Nitro Z8 with Mercury 225 Pro XS. Currently I am running 26 Tempest. Running about 5700 rpms at about 63 mph. What prop could I run to have better performance? I would like to be able to get to 70 mph. Hole shot now is not too bad. Been looking at 25, 26 and 27 pitch Tempest, Bravo xs and fury 4. Too many props and pitches to choose from. Sure could use some guidance or recommendations. Thanks
    Be sure and measure the distance from your pro pshaft to pad. You'll want to be somewhere in the 3.5" range most likely. I'd say a 25 Tempest would be a better choice. That's what I ran on my Z20 but it had a 250. Ran great.

9. Member
    Can you PM me a price for a 27p Bravo XS?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345