Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs Up Special Pricing on Props.....

Updated 1-6-2021

Rothwell Marine would like to Thank everyone here for the continued you have shown us over the last few years. If you are having problems figuring out what prop or pitch you need, we will gladly help in anyway possible. We also would like everyone to know that we do have an exchange program on any prop you buy from us that we normally keep in stock. If you buy a prop from us and it is the wrong pitch, you can return it to us within 30 days along with $50 (covers shipping and handling) and we will send you the next pitch. We do not want to see anyone get stuck with a prop thats not going to work right. Unfortunately we cannot do this with special ordered props or props that have been worked.

*We do not offer refunds on props, only exchanges*

Also, if you are buying a prop from us and you would like Mark Croxton to work it, we can take payment for everything all at once. We will ship the prop to Mark, he will work his magic on it, then he will ship it to you. He is the best there is by far, and has a very quick turn around time.

Below is a link to our internet specials page on our website that include pricing on props.

https://rothwellmarine.com/product-c...rnet-specials/

If you would like to post a question for us about the props for Gregg or myself, please do on this thread.

Thanks again to all the BBC members from all of us here at Rothwell Marine!!
    Last edited by marty92xrd; 01-06-2021 at 11:25 AM. Reason: spelling

2. Member
    Hey guys,

I have an 08 stratos 285xl with an 08 merc 150 efi. Just wondering what the best prop would be and some pricing.

Thanks

I have a 96 Skeeter ZX 180 with a 175 EFI Mercury. Was thinking 3 Blade Tempest type prop in the 25 pitch range? Your thoughts? Am looking for a prop that gets decent hole shot but more top end and WOT RPM's in the 5800 range.

4. Member
    Hey guys, I am currently running a 26 fury on a 250 pro xs on a 21 xs triton. On the best day top end has only been 65. Have been up and down with motor height. Tried a 25 tempest plus last night and with limited water hit 68. Believe I can get 70+ out of it. My question, do you think there is a prop that may run better for top end or go the the tempest and have it worked

5. Member

Prop & Setup info

I am running a 96 Hydrasport 185E with a 10 inch jack-plate & (96) 175 hp Evinrude. Original Installed prop is a 25 Renegade which is being turned at 5500 rpm’s with a GPS speed of 60-62 mph, depending on the day and amount of fuel and load etc... On plane is fairly quick. I figure the slip to be about 14-15%. I acquired a NIB 27 Renegade at a price to good to be true, and gave it a try just to see how it worked on the boat. It blows out @ 4000 rpm’s, after feathering through it, the boat will run around 60 mph @ 5000 rpm’s. My questions is this, can you modify the 27 Renegade to run better than the 25 Renegade on this setup? Also note that when I ran the 27 I did not adjust the Jack-plate. I have played with the jack-plate on the 25 Renegade and as it is raised I started losing speed but never really lost much water pressure. Present setup about 3.25 inches below Hull. For added info I have had several Bass Boats but his hull design seems to be very Stern heavy, causing the Stern to push into the water and easy out onto plane. Let me know what you suggest.
    Last edited by JGShooter; 08-09-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Info Cut off

6. Banned
    I'm running the same set up on 371 ranger 175 fast strike 25 4 blade renegade six inch jp doing about the same speed, I though hydrasport to be a light boat below 1000pds. you could probably put cup in 25 are shave 27. Been told a three blade in a 14 1/2 by 24 pitch (raker11) maybe do a little more top end but wouldn't drive as good. I also raised my motor to about 3.25 an lost little on top end, looking for the happy medium if you find what's best let me know..

7. Banned
    A 23 are 24 three blade tempest are fury, A new prop is the way i'd go ever prop i've had reworked never ran as good as the original.. 400 dollar range

8. Member
    Might as well get some advice on what to do. I have a Ranger 621VS with a Yamaha 250 HPDI and it's pretty fully loaded with kicker motor, etc. It currently has a 3 blade stainless that got pretty beat up. Am I better off getting a new 4 blade prop or rebuilding the 3 blade with some special work by Mark on it? If a new 4 blade is the way to go, what would you recommend for pitch, brand, etc and a price? I appreciate the help and advice!
    2001 crestliner, 115hp Yamaha 4 banger, Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 2, Lowrance HDS 12 Gen 3, Motorguide Xi5 80lb Pin Point, and a bunch of baits that don't catch anything!

9. Member
    I have a ranger 1999 r73 with a suzuki dt150 ss and i need a prop mine is bent bad..Just wondering what would be the best prop for this motor boat setup..
    1999 Ranger R73 sport Project restore
    Suzuki 150 super six

10. eagle521
    I have a 2006 Ranger 521 that I just Repowered with a 2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS with a T/M lower unit, also I have a Bob's 6 in hydrolic jack plate. Which prop would you reccomend. Thanks for your help. eagle521

11. Member

Turn Left and go Fast!

I have a Triton SP176 Aluminum the same as a 176 Mag the motor is a 2005 classic 2 Stroke 90hp Merc 13.25 x 19 Turning Point Prop (H1-1319). She will trim out at 40.9 GPS at 5500-5600rpm. I have her loaded with about 150lbs of anchors, reels, and other stuff for fishing. I weigh 180 with my small son (75lbs). Trying to get a more top. What do you suggest about changing the prop for more top. The motor is mounted on the third hole from bottom up. Shall I stay at 19 pitch and go stainless or go 21 or23 and change to a smaller diameter? I keep her full of gas 18Gallons.
    Last edited by browni1983; 04-30-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: updated

12. Member
    Just got a new Fury from your shop. Excellent pricing and service!

13. Member
    I have tryed get in contact for price of 1 or 2 Bravo 28p

Peter
    Peter Sandstrom /// Sweden

14. Moderator
    Peter, I havent been on line due to being so busy at the shop. I just talked to mark and he told me you were trying to get in touch with us. Not sure why I didnt get the emails? Sending you a PM.....

15. Member

16. Member
    Marty,
    I have replayed your mail and waiting for final answer and how you want the payment, time is running for me now and i don't want my buyer to back off the deal..

/ Peter

Guys,

I have a 2006 Nitro 911 CDC w/ Optimax 225XS and Trophy 26 Prop...

It really struggles to get on plane under full tournament load, in fact, the other day it wouldn't get up on plane (The bow won't tip over, and generally blows out right before the lower unit shifts into next gear).

It is really getting old. It performs fine when we have a lighter load or only one person in the boat, but when me and my partner are in it (Both of us add up to just under 500# of human weight) with all of our gear, it just struggles and struggles to get on plane.

Can a different prop cure this? I'm not sure of the other measurements - I.e. distance to pad, etc... as it is fixed (No hydraulic jack-plate, just a manual). I think it is 4.25" from the pad, but I'd have to go to the storage unit and remeasure to be sure.

I had called Rothwell Marine and I believe the gentleman I spoke to said it would likely be cured with Fury prop. I told him I'd likely order one from him within the week, but I got too busy with work, life, tournaments, etc...

Now it is to the point where we can't fish tournaments effectively, so I gotta try something!

Please help this ignorant peasant, wise prop gurus...
    Sincerely,

Shawn Cartwright
    AKA "rabidsquirrel"

Check out my Bass Fishing Team's blog: http://cartwrightrealtyfishingteam.wordpress.com/

97 TR21 6" set back (manual TH Marine) 99 225 EFI runnin a 25 Trophy + seems too be the go to setup on his rig 72-73 mph @ 58-5900 rpm.... Any thoughts? Also what does Mark charge to rework a trophy +?

19. Member
    I need a prop for my 2001 Triton Tr186 it has a 15O FICHT Evinrude on it. I need prices and suggestions for any thing else I may need to buy. Id hate to get the pro and figure out I need some kind of kit or something.

20. Member
    Hi Guys
    I have a 2006 Ranger 195 vsi with a 200 hp yamaha vmax hpdi any suggestions as to the best prop?

Thanks
    Snunke1e

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast