Prop for 60hp w/ 6" Jackplate

Crestliner VT17 w/ 60hp Mercury got on the cheap from an older friend. I have access to a cheap 6" manual jackplate and was curious on which stainless(brand/size) would probably get the most out of the setup if I went that direction?

If no that direction...which size Spitfire to lift the stern?

Having fun rigging it...I've always had custom skiffs for saltwater and this is my first "bass boat".

2. Member
    Not sure you will gain much with the jackplate. If you just want to run your 60 shallower that plate will help with that. On my vt17 with a 75 4 stroke Merc I run a 19 pitch Spitfire x7, but my motor is not stock. I would guess a 15 pitch is about where you need to be. Should be some others on here with that same type setup that may help. Try the search thread option at the top of the page also. Good luck. Also try the Tin Boat forum on here, lots of info down there.

3. Member
    I'm running a 14 pitch on my Tracker Classic XL with a 50. A VT 17 is around a foot longer, and probably a few hundred pounds heavier. My thinking is a 14 pitch might be a good start. More power, more weight, same prop as mine?? I'd guess I'm ~2 hours away from you. You're welcome to try the 14 pitch aluminum prop that came on my Tracker to find a starting point. I don't want to sell, but you're welcome to use it for a starting point if you need to. My Grandson is going to Newberry College.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody b View Post
    I'm running a 14 pitch on my Tracker Classic XL with a 50. A VT 17 is around a foot longer, and probably a few hundred pounds heavier. My thinking is a 14 pitch might be a good start. More power, more weight, same prop as mine?? I'd guess I'm ~2 hours away from you. You're welcome to try the 14 pitch aluminum prop that came on my Tracker to find a starting point. I don't want to sell, but you're welcome to use it for a starting point if you need to. My Grandson is going to Newberry College.
    Cool deal. I'll be in touch. I'll shoot you a pm. Thanks man

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Not sure you will gain much with the jackplate. If you just want to run your 60 shallower that plate will help with that. On my vt17 with a 75 4 stroke Merc I run a 19 pitch Spitfire x7, but my motor is not stock. I would guess a 15 pitch is about where you need to be. Should be some others on here with that same type setup that may help. Try the search thread option at the top of the page also. Good luck. Also try the Tin Boat forum on here, lots of info down there.
    Thanks man

6. Member
    Worked great for when I ran the stock Merc 60

https://www.boatpropellerwarehouse.c...r-48-878616a46
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC