Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    2003 Strat 195 pro xl with a 2002 merc 175 efi. Not sure if I want a 6'' or 8'' plate. Had a 6'' maual on it at first. Getting a hydraulic. So thinking of going to an 8''.... Had a 24p tempest plus (now destroyed) Would hit the limiter every time out with only doing 58 mph.. Just want some help picking out new prop..

Quote Originally Posted by rabidsquirrel View Post
    Guys,

I have a 2006 Nitro 911 CDC w/ Optimax 225XS and Trophy 26 Prop...

It really struggles to get on plane under full tournament load, in fact, the other day it wouldn't get up on plane (The bow won't tip over, and generally blows out right before the lower unit shifts into next gear).

It is really getting old. It performs fine when we have a lighter load or only one person in the boat, but when me and my partner are in it (Both of us add up to just under 500# of human weight) with all of our gear, it just struggles and struggles to get on plane.

Can a different prop cure this? I'm not sure of the other measurements - I.e. distance to pad, etc... as it is fixed (No hydraulic jack-plate, just a manual). I think it is 4.25" from the pad, but I'd have to go to the storage unit and remeasure to be sure.

I had called Rothwell Marine and I believe the gentleman I spoke to said it would likely be cured with Fury prop. I told him I'd likely order one from him within the week, but I got too busy with work, life, tournaments, etc...

Now it is to the point where we can't fish tournaments effectively, so I gotta try something!

Please help this ignorant peasant, wise prop gurus...
    I would keep the 26 and like fast boats do when they pull skiers,drop a few pitches,In your case I would try a 24 trophy,should get that big load up quick,you won't top out like the 26,but you will get down the lake with less effort,,

3. Member
    Hi Guys I have a 1994 Charger 19.3 I am changing out the motor on to a 200 efi and installing a 6 inch bobs hydraulic jp what would you suggest for the best prop?

4. Member
    Pretty simple setup, but need an ss prop and not sure pitch etc... Tracker 175txw- currently run a 75 opti and can get about 40gps with the stock alum prop at about 5200rpm
    Last edited by nice_bass; 09-18-2013 at 10:04 AM.

5. Member
    bullet 21 xrd 300 merc xs 15 in rapid jack what prop do u recomend

6. Member
    Will Rothwell Marine be carrying the new Bravo I FS?

7. Member
    I have a 2001 X21 xpress with a 01 Johnson 225 HO. I am prop/set up dumb. Can you suggest a prop. I have a terrible time getting up on plane with more than 1 person in the boat. I am running Tempest plus with a 26 pitch. I would appreciate any and all suggestions. Feel free to message me if you prefer.

basholes, have you tried pulling the pvs plugs?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I have a 2013 Xpress H20B (hyperlift hull) with a yamaha 115 four-stroke on a 10" jackplate. I currently run a 19 pitch yamaha pro series 3 blade with extra cup added. im topping out at 44-45 mph at 5800 rpms and 31mph at 4000 rpms. I think i could use a little more stern lift at the lower rpm range. I also could use a little more grip to help lift and turn - I find my self trimming too much to get the lift i want. I was told to try a 4 blade tropgy 19 pitch. Should i stay with the 19 pitch? I tried a 17 pitch trophy and had good lift but turned way too many rpms (6100 before full throttle and no trim) DO yall have any return policy in case i get less performance from a trophy?

10. Member
    I have a '98 TR21 '98 Johnson 200 Venom.
    I purchased the boat in California and live in Utah, everyone is telling me I will need a new prop to adjust for the altitude.
    Please help with advise on a prop and general set up.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold McLaughlin View Post
    I have a '98 TR21 '98 Johnson 200 Venom.
    I purchased the boat in California and live in Utah, everyone is telling me I will need a new prop to adjust for the altitude.
    Please help with advise on a prop and general set up.
    Harold this is a "sticky thread". Post your question under the "normal threads".

12. Banned
    NOT SURE WHY THEY SAY SPECIAL PRICING ON PROPS FOR BBC MEMBERS CALLED ABOUT PRICE ON 28 PITCH PRO-MAX THEY QUOTED ME 609.00 JACOS MARINE SELL FOR 569.00 BOTH OFFER FREE SHIPPING.THE NICE LADY SAID THEY DO NOT HAVE SPECIAL PRICING FOR PROPS, FOR BBC MEMBERS EVEN ASKED THE OWNER TO MAKE SURE. SO PLEASE TAKE DOWN THE OFFER OF SPECIAL PRICING ON PROPS. VERY MISLEADING. THANKS JR.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Mr. Britt,

Sorry for your confusion and we don't, in any way, intend to be misleading in our post. We actually do not state any additional discounts available other than our stated pricing. Our Internet Specials include several models of propellers that we work very hard to provide the best value in the market as seen on our website. Rothwell Marine - Come ride with us

Please feel free to give us a call and discuss it any further and we will be glad to.

Have a great day!

14. Member
    Marty,
    I called and bought a prop and mentioned bass boat central as well as Mike lohn. I dont know if I received the BBC discount? I ordered a Bravo I with hub kit for Yamaha and you sent it to Marks for Dual PVS holes.
    Mike
    Last edited by Erie206; 03-13-2015 at 08:05 AM.

15. Member
    92*ranger*451V.*
    *W/XR6*2.5*150*mercury*
    Serial*#*OD122752
    Model*#.*1150453MD150XR6*ELPTO

This is my set up and I'm looking for the correct prop. Please help

16. Member
    92*ranger*451V.*
    *W/XR6*2.5*150*mercury*
    Serial*#*OD122752

17. Member
    ive been told im way over propped Ive got a 2012 nitro z-9 loaded (2 power poles spare battery electronics etc. (shes heavy)) with 250 pro xs. last year best i could do was about 65-66 mph. i currently have a 27 tempest and my WOT RPM is about 53k-55k at best. from what i have gathered i need to downsize but im not sure what size to go to. I live in the mid west so getting a dealer to let me test run a prop is almost impossible. ive looked around to see if someone has an extra and no luck. so im down to buying a new or newish prop but need to know with near certianty that itll be the best one for the boat. i dont want to have to buy multiple props to get it right. any help id appreciate thanks.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddygoose47 View Post
    92*ranger*451V.*
    *W/XR6*2.5*150*mercury*
    Serial*#*OD122752

This is a "sticky thread". Post your question under the "normal threads".

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABAstevenjudy View Post
    ive been told im way over propped Ive got a 2012 nitro z-9 loaded (2 power poles spare battery electronics etc. (shes heavy)) with 250 pro xs. last year best i could do was about 65-66 mph. i currently have a 27 tempest and my WOT RPM is about 53k-55k at best. from what i have gathered i need to downsize but im not sure what size to go to. I live in the mid west so getting a dealer to let me test run a prop is almost impossible. ive looked around to see if someone has an extra and no luck. so im down to buying a new or newish prop but need to know with near certianty that itll be the best one for the boat. i dont want to have to buy multiple props to get it right. any help id appreciate thanks.
    This is a "sticky thread". Post your question under the "normal threads".

are you still offering the buy a prop send to mark deal? i need a ti 25

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast