RANGER

Mega Link "BRAIN"

My live well timer is inop. Ranger engineer says it's the "BRAIN" under the consol. He said Mega Link was a brand they used in 07'. Has anyone ever changed this themself? Just wonder what it involves. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    2007 Z21 / 250 PRO X/S

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for
    a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

2. Member
    The Mega Link is plug and play. Look under the dash and follow the harness from the keypad th the Mega link box. Be sure to disconnect the cranking battery before unplugging things.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

3. RANGER
    Thank you very much, sir. Sounds like something even I can handle.
    2007 Z21 / 250 PRO X/S

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for
    a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

4. Member
    Good luck. Joined here just because of the available info and history on the Mega Link. I just bought a new one and a lot of guys here seem to think they are out of production. Not the case. However trouble shooting issues can be a nightmare

After replacing mine, I get a couple of flashing lights on the key pad. Next think to check is eluding me. Did see that corrosion on the auto bilge may be the issue but. Was considering a new key pad but after talking to Mike at OPS he talked me out of it and suggested some wiring issues.

Any of you who have had issues with the Mega Link I would appreciate some additional direction. My 2007 Ranger 2200 had some corrosion issues when I bought it 3 years ago so I am betting the "C" word may be the culprit.

5. Member
    I have had issues with my mega link.
    I have completely lost power to both key pads, with the exception of starting the motor.
    I looked every where for a short and found nothing.
    The wire harness under the console was zipped tied up to the fiberglass and I removed it as I looked thru the wires
    Someone here suggested that I re-zip tie the harness and it worked... Kinda
    Now if I hit a bump I loose power again.
    Thinking it's a loose connection on the Mega Link, but can't trace it down...

6. Member

MegaLink

I am looking for advice on the Mega Link system in the Ranger boats, mine specifically is a 2006 Cayman 223. This is what I think I know so far, Ranger put this system in limited boats back in the 2000's and since then the manufacturer has stopped producing them. Ranger tells me that for about the last 24 months or so they have noticed an increased number of these systems failing especially on boats manufactured between 2005-2007. Ranger has found another manufacturer to produce a replacement system and what I understand it is a plug and play system and that you must replace the entire system because the old keypad/brain is not compatible with the new keypad/brain. I am told by Ranger that the price tag is around $1,300 when all said and done, which to me is stupid expensive, but that seems to be the norm for outdated stuff when you go through Ranger. After looking over this system and talking to more than one rep from Ranger, my understanding is that this system has nothing to do with the functioning of the motor or any drive components, just the lights, the aerator system, the horn and bilge and optional accessories.
    So now to my question, I was wondering if anyone else is having issues, what you have done to fix it, and has anyone replaced the system with a direct switch panel system, which is what I am thinking of doing, since it seems that all these functions can be accomplished with two way, three way or momentary switches. If you have replaced the system with a switch panel, did you have any issues. I appreciate any input on this.