Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Hydraulic Steering- Bleeding/Purging, and Installation Manuals

For those wanting instructions regarding maintenance, bleeding, purging, or installation of SeaStar Hydraulic Steering Systems, you can download PDF Instructions and guides for the various Teleflex Systems DIRECTLY from their website at:

http://www.seastarsolutions.com/supp...nuals/#seastar

Filling/Purging and Bleeding Instructions can be found on page 37 of the following Manual:

http://www.seastarsolutions.com/wp-c...3/296784AT.pdf

*This post will be pinned to the "Commonly Asked- Commonly Used" sticky post for future reference.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 04-01-2014 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Updated Links

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    How about Uflex installation manuals?
    Dustin W. - Alvin, Tx
    1996 ChampioN 202 Elite DCX
    Mercury 225 EFI

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Don't see them on their website.... if anyone knows of a link, please do provide it.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

TTT

Curious about the Uflex/Mercury Cylinder purging instructions.

Haven't found anything online and Mercury stated they don't offer technical assistance with something so advanced.
    2001 Mercury Optimax 225
    0T344965
    2000 Mercury ELPTO 125
    0T072885

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Bleeding is done precisely the same as the Teleflex Cylinder.

6. Member
    Who can I contact to have the Sea Star 6345 serviced. My pivot plate and bushings are toast. 2017 250 ProXs. I tried to email steeringrebuild.com but got a error. Thanks so much.

7. Member
    Almost certainly the only two answers that happen here are (a) send it back to SeaStar for repair. They do NOT provide much in the way of parts. (b) buy the uflex cylinder. Better in every aspect.

No idea what Teleflex would charge. But I doubt it will be cheap. Making the uflex look a little better.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan423 View Post
    Who can I contact to have the Sea Star 6345 serviced. My pivot plate and bushings are toast. 2017 250 ProXs. I tried to email steeringrebuild.com but got a error. Thanks so much.
    I would not waste your money on that.

Strongly recommend replacing with the MERCURY Brand HD Steering Cylinder (while this cylinder is manufactured by U-Flex, it is NOT the same cylinder they sell).

9. Member
    i called Sea Star and got the Outboard Mounting kit with bushings. They gave me the part number for the kit. It is HA 5829. It has the bushing in it. they wouldn't sell to me directly so I contacted Boat Id and had them order for me.Easy as pie. They drop shipped from California to me. Awesome customer service. It ended up costing 44 bucks. As the Uflex I cannot afford at the moment. I will have to fix what i have. Thanks for the suggestions.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That's actually the CENTER tiller bolt and bushing kit (which is no problem to get). The tiller plate bushings are located on either end of the tiller plate (and are not available as replacement parts).