Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC

Kudo's to Don @ European Marine!!

The wife and I traveled to Lake Hartwell recently for vacation and start the process of house hunting (we have lots of time) for our eventualy retirement. I had a few minor issues (or so I thought) with my motor prior to going so I set up an appointment with Don to have my rig in and some things checked over.

Don and his mechanic, Keith, found some things in dire need of repair. Not only did they find some issues but went to great lengths to get parts from Merc and get my rig back on the water. And even met me with a part needed later on his way to the lake.

They did an excellent job and now I know where my rig will end up if in need of service when the wife and I eventually make the move.

Big thanks to Don and Keith. They are a class act!!

You guys living anywhere near the Greenville area have a gem of a service dealer and should consider themselves very lucky!

Craig from Pennsylvania.....for only a little while longer....I hope!!
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

2. Member

Re: Kudo's to Don @ European Marine!! (AllyFishing)

Craig, Did you get a chance to look at Lake keowee, just above hartwell? It is a real gem! Retired here 10 years ago, still pinching myself! Taking my boat into Don tomorrow for some work.

3. Member

Re: Kudo's to Don @ European Marine!! (keowee)

Actually yes. We met with the Realtor that takes care of the VRBO property we stayed at and he drove us around Keowee and Hartwell for over 6 hours showing us houses everywhere. Keowee is a beauty as well. We plan to stay there next year and give it a look see as we did this time on Hartwell.

Is the fishing as good there as on Hartwell? To be honest with you, I was a bit hesitant about the fishing on Hartwell prior to our arrival coming from up North where I love to fish the weeds. But after I got over the shock of the first day on the water not having a clue as to who, what, where, when and how I figured it out and started catching more fish on a daily basis than back home anywhere.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

4. Member

Craig, Keowee is very different from Hartwell, very clear, deep and mostly spotted bass rather than large mouth. No strippers or hybreds in keowee. The keowee fishery is actually very good, I've gotten an 8 and 7 lb. largemouth and 5.5 lb spotted bass since I've lived here. Nice thing is you can fish both very easily, from my house on Keowee I can launch on hartwell in 10 mins. Drop me an email next time you are down this way and I'll take you fro a boat ride on Keowee. I can also hook you up with a rental agent on keowee for your next visit.

5. Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by keowee &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Craig, Keowee is very different from Hartwell, very clear, deep and mostly spotted bass rather than large mouth. No strippers or hybreds in keowee. The keowee fishery is actually very good, I've gotten an 8 and 7 lb. largemouth and 5.5 lb spotted bass since I've lived here. Nice thing is you can fish both very easily, from my house on Keowee I can launch on hartwell in 10 mins. Drop me an email next time you are down this way and I'll take you fro a boat ride on Keowee. I can also hook you up with a rental agent on keowee for your next visit.</td></tr></table>

I'll take ya up on that!!

We'll be back down again next year, just not sure on the month, but "We'll Be Baaacckkk" LOL!!

Need your email.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Craig: It was great getting a chance to meet you and your wife.

Hope the search goes well... let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Looking forward to seeing you back in the Palmetto State again soon!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member

Re: Kudo's to Don @ European Marine!! (EuropeanAM)

Don, I'll get my wife to send ya that criteria list you mentioned. That would be a big help. thanks
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

8. Member

Craif, email is in my profile.

9. Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by keowee &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Craif, email is in my profile.</td></tr></table>

2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P