Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Since richz is not available, will someone who has pics of his attachments on post #1 send them to me. If you have them I can send email address to you.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Don't have Rich's pics but I have a couple of my motor I can send you.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

Thanks ClarkBird. Are those the ones in post 214? I downloaded those. They helped a lot. What I would like to know is what wires from the motor ( if any) connect to the fuel pump. I would like to have it set up where the pump comes on for a few seconds like the original & only run when the motor is running.
    Thanks

I used the wiring schematic to the fuel pump and tapped a wire to it and ran it back through the rigging tube to the solenoid
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Thanks ClarkBird. Are those the ones in post 214? I downloaded those. They helped a lot. What I would like to know is what wires from the motor ( if any) connect to the fuel pump. I would like to have it set up where the pump comes on for a few seconds like the original & only run when the motor is running.
    Thanks
    Yes. Tap into the Blue/Red wires on the VST pump. Only energize a relay from the VST and use the relay to run the new pump.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ClarkBird; 06-01-2018 at 12:53 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

6. Member
    Good pic thanks. To clarify, for me. Those are 2 separate wires, right? A red one and a blue one? Bare with me, I assume the red is + and the blue - ?
    Thanks again

So the hot (red) wire from the pump would tap into the red on the VST since the ground on the pump goes to the relay, correct or no ?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    So the hot (red) wire from the pump would tap into the red on the VST since the ground on the pump goes to the relay, correct or no ?
    No. You need to run a relay between the VST pump and the new pump. All we're taking from the VST pump is enough energy to activate the relay which, in turn, has a direct connection to the battery and powers the new pump from that source.

JP - the polarity is marked on the VST pump but if memory serves, you are correct.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

9. Member
    Thanks Clark, I have everything installed except the relay power to the VST. Can't wait to disable the low pressure pumps.

10. Member
    I'll change out the quick-connects to a deutsch connector in due time.

Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

11. Member
    Has anyone tried one of these? They are standard on older carb vehicles after they did away with mechanical fuel pumps so I figured they would last a lot longer.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dfp-fd0039
    Donald

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleHollar1 View Post
    Has anyone tried one of these? They are standard on older carb vehicles after they did away with mechanical fuel pumps so I figured they would last a lot longer.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dfp-fd0039
    Not enough volume, imo.

Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

13. Member
    7 PSI might be a tad excessive.

14. Member
    7 psi is fine.
    But my motor burns 27+ gals per hr at WOT.
    The Holley Red pump is also 7 psi, but has 67gal/hr flow.

15. Member
    I am doing this upgrade and using the Holley red pump. It says it is 7 psi but it says 67 gph at 5 psi. Do I need to adjust pressure some how or just use it how it comes out of the box.

16. Member
    97 gph (free flow)67 gph at 5 psi

17. Member
    I always love when this thread gets revived... Helps remind me that I spent $200\yr on shitty LP fuel pumps from Simyamaha

18. Dustlane
    I hate to wake up such an old thread but I need some help. I have a 2001 200 OX66. I did this conversion using instructions from a guy that I know. The motor started and idled great. I ran about 200 yards and she shut down. I could only run about 10 mph without the engine shutting down. I didn't use a relay but I wired right into the blue wire on the VST. However, The electric pump was mounted after the 10 micron water separator. I pulled everything back off and went back to the standard lift pumps. Now a few months later one of the lift pumps is already bad. I really want to go electric but I obviously did something wrong the first time around. Apparently I am not smart enough to figure this out so can someone who has done this on on OX66 give some good detailed instructions? I'm usually really good at this kind of stuff but I'm stumped.

19. Member
    You need to use relay. Check your fuel lines for degradation.

20. Member
    If anyone is looking for detailed VIDEO instructions on deleting your lift pumps/low pressure fuel pumps in OX66 motors here it is.

I am not a professional but I do know my way around this motor.
    [COLOR=var(--blue-link)]https://youtu.be/IOKBsgwVMk8[/COLOR]

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112