Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Over two months now of running without any problomes.

2. Member
    Thanks Rich

Nice job! I assume you were able to do away with the Primer Bulb, also? Another annoying source of problems!
    Larry McClure
    Founder, Reel Men of God
    http://www.reelmenofgod.com

4. Member
    Got mine done. Took it to the lake runs perfect. No primer bulb and no lift pumps for me. Thanks again Rich.

5. Banned

I've been running a Mallory (in the bilge, in between the tank and the water separator filter) for years. Regulator and gauge mounted to the side of the intake manifold.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

7. Member
    Awesome.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

8. Member
    This is a great idea and I plan to do mine. Getting rid of the LP pumps and fuel line primer bulb would be great.

I was thinking to simplify the fuel system even more...Has anyone eliminated the clear water separator filter? I've had a lot of problems with the top o-ring seal. If it leaks with a stock fuel system configuration, it’s a vacuum leak with symptoms similar to bad LP pumps. If you have an on-board boat water separator filter, that should take care of any water issues and filtering that you would lose. Unplugging the water sensor just deactivates it, there should be no issues.

Another consideration is if the clear water separator filter leaks using the Holley pump, you don’t have a vacuum leak, you have an actual under pressure fuel leak under the hood – not good.

Thoughts?

9. Member
    The Attachment for the diagram will not open, Message states an invalid link.
    Bill Kehl

If people really concentrated on the imporyant things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~ Doug Larson

10. Member
    The attachment is the wiring diagram in his next thread.

Texas Realtor

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader186S View Post
    This is a great idea and I plan to do mine. Getting rid of the LP pumps and fuel line primer bulb would be great.

I was thinking to simplify the fuel system even more...Has anyone eliminated the clear water separator filter? I've had a lot of problems with the top o-ring seal. If it leaks with a stock fuel system configuration, it’s a vacuum leak with symptoms similar to bad LP pumps. If you have an on-board boat water separator filter, that should take care of any water issues and filtering that you would lose. Unplugging the water sensor just deactivates it, there should be no issues.

Another consideration is if the clear water separator filter leaks using the Holley pump, you don’t have a vacuum leak, you have an actual under pressure fuel leak under the hood – not good.

Thoughts?
    I think it's a good idea. You lose the sensor, but if you change the 10 micron on a proper basis that shouldn't be a problem.

12. Member
    Where can I get the plates to cover the holes ??

13. Member
    You will have to make the plates, You have to buy the gasket anyway, 3 of them, go ahead and buy them, then take it to a metal fabrication shop and ask if they will make you 3 of them the size of the the gasket, minuse the middle hole though. Just the two outside holes. 1/4 inch is all you need per Rich.

I have a buddy doing mine for me, he works in a fab shop.

Texas Realtor

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader186S View Post

Thoughts?
    Eliminating the clear filter maybe ok in the short run but after a while you may develop problems with VST screen. Every electric fuel pump will eventually start to ware out its brushes and those fine particles will make its way into the vst screen and high pressure pump. If you are having problems with the clear filter, maybe you should try an alternative inline filter. Ideally, every electric pump should have a filter on pressure side so that clean fuel is delivered into the fuel rail and injectors.

15. Member
    Rich, do you have the pump mounted "after" the 10 micron?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    I'm not Rich, but, it should be mounted before any filters.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    Yes, it’s mounted after the 10 micron. This is to protect the pump from any debris that maybe in the fuel tank. There is enough volume and free flow of fuel in that filter so it won’t restrict the output volume from the pump.

18. Member
    Gotcha, thanks. There should be a "filter" in the tank but it isn't much for sure.

Just completed my conversion to the electric lift pump setup. I added a shut-off switch for maintenance and fueling. The results are fantastic! Instant and linear throttle response from idle. The dreaded "lag" has disappeared. I will have final results next July when the summer heat takes it's toll. Thanks Rich for the detailed explanation and pics!
    For you other guys with the Ox66 motor, if you are having problems, you should seriously consider this conversion.
    Now for phase 2 of my project: a set of Chris Carson Marine sport reeds. Already have the throttle body and intake off the motor, just need some free time to keep working!
    Larry McClure
    Founder, Reel Men of God
    http://www.reelmenofgod.com

20. Member
    Aweseom, Did mine in August and love it.

Texas Realtor

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast