Eufaula water level?

We will be going to Eufaula in a couple of weeks. A friend told me that he is concerned about going since "the water level is dangerously low."

The Corps of Engineers page shows it at 186.44 with 188 being full. Is my friend full of it?

2. Member
    need rain to bring it up

190 used to be considered full but I have heard they changed that. Anyway it is not dangerously low. If you go out of the buoys exercise a little caution but it is not bad.

Thanks, Allen.

5. Member
    The lake was down 24 inches from what the New lake level is last Sat. New level is 24" down from the 190 mark.

I saw standing timber in over 20" of water that I had been running through with the water level up at 188. At full level it's not a problem when the water is up unless coming off plane or taking off. With the water down I was touching some tree tops with the hull while fishing. If you stay to the marked channels you'll have no problems.
    Last edited by nmanley; 05-06-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Nolan, I noticed that also. I saw the tops of trees in a couple of spots that I haven't seen in quite a few years. At full speed these would have been lower unit killers. Of course they were in areas that you shouldn't be running wide open anyway.
    I saw a few boats running flats Sunday that I felt sure were in big trouble but they all made it. Our gps' are wonderful things. Mine is set to show any water over 33' as white. I just make sure I stay in that white while running wide open.

7. Member
    Oh man, you can say that again Allen. The GPS is one of the best improvements in fishing. I think right there with side and down imaging.

188 now.

9. Member
    Thanks for sharing info. I will be down there for the first time in a few weeks. I am used to running the buoys on chickamauga and Watts Bar here in TN so am expecting the same there.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405