Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

2. Member
    I’m looking to run a new ducer, and run and gun wires from the transom to the console, and another run to the bow. I have a 2003 Ranger 620vs, this model does not have conduit that I can see. Any advice would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by StankyEYE View Post
    I’m looking to run a new ducer, and run and gun wires from the transom to the console, and another run to the bow. I have a 2003 Ranger 620vs, this model does not have conduit that I can see. Any advice would be great.
    I used an existing 12 gauge wire from transom to console. Overlapped and taped new wire and string to existing wire and pulled to console. No conduit on mine either on that run. Un-taped new wire at console and re-taped string to pull the existing wire back to the transom. Did the same from bow to console but this run had conduit. Used an existing fairly heavy gauge wire. Taped up at the console; new wire that was just run from transom, existing wire and string; (existing wire was for console unit). Pull from bow. Remove tape, re-tape console unit wire to string and pull it back to console.
    It is time consuming but over lap wires and string at least 6” so less chance of pulling apart. Ethernet or transducer cable especially protect the ends so it doesn’t pull the ends off or kink the wire at the connection. This way you can pull harder.
    Sometimes you’ll have to work it back and forth a little.
    Do not use thin string such as twine. It can and will get tangled on other wires.
    Ask me how I know. lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12