Cutting carpet for rounded corners??

Can anyone tell me how to cut corners in carpet to fit outside rounded corners on hatch lids?

you have to cut reliefs in the carpet and just make sure the seams are close to each other, if i get a chance i will take a extra piece of carpet and take photos. or i am in middletown if you really wanted to swing up with the lids i could help you.

Go to the top of the Restoration page. Look under Sticky Threads. Fourth one down is a video on this topic.

That's a good post on cutting corners and that's how I did all mine that had square corners or slightly round. I have some that have big round corners though so I ended up cutting relief cuts at an angle like Cobra Bait was suggesting. It worked pretty well. Thanks guys.

5. Member
    4028_thumb.jpg4029_thumb.jpg4030_thumb.jpg4027_thumb.jpgI like using the 45 degree method it hides the seams alot better than cutting the corners just make sure the 45 is were you want it. I also like to glue the top of lids before cutting out the corners, keeps it from moving. 4033.jpg

6. Member
    The corners fold easy and even once cut crrectly good luck.

Here is a link from a while ago that I found for you guys and others that may be wondering HOW TO CUT CORNERS

How to cut a corner on your new carpet job!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bassn View Post
    Here is a link from a while ago that I found for you guys and others that may be wondering HOW TO CUT CORNERS

How to cut a corner on your new carpet job!
    Those are the directions I went by when I did my carpet last year, worked out great.

9. Member
    Some of the corners on my boat are not square corners, they are radiused. Does anybody have any pics on how to wrap carpet around the edge of a rounded corner?