Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    love the pics keep em coming u got a great boat love Gamblers

you will love that boat. have a 95 209 i bought new and still have. will never get rid of it.

3. AH HELL Coming in HOT.... Fishn_Fatboy's Avatar
    Pictures look good, looking forward to seeing the finished product
    USMC Combat Vet 0331

"Their trolling and the hooks anit big enough" well shit "They're messing with the wrong school they ate their WHEATIES"

4. Member
    Subscribed

5. Member
    well ive been slacking this week cause of bad weather, i still havent put the boat on the rotisserie just yet. ive done some more sanding getting ready to cover the old trolling motor holes and the bow light hole as well. going to go with a center mount trolling motor also going to either split the bow lights like the sterlings or putting the red/ green lights in the rub rail. also managed to get the gas tank and oil tanks out, getting the bilge area ready for a new wiring harness.

prepping the area for patches to cover the old holes

Last edited by RJP44; 04-03-2019 at 09:55 PM.

6. Member
    over the past couple days i was able to cover a few holes in the boat, the old trolling motor holes are now glassed over including the center bow light. a couple old fish finder holes now patched on the console and i covered the steering line hole that came out the starboard side of the transom, going to relocate the hydraulic lines to the center for a cleaner look

Last edited by RJP44; 09-22-2017 at 07:10 PM.

looks good,did you just use encapsulated plywood for backing those big holes ?

8. Member
    i sanded down into the fiberglass mat and layered multiple sheets of mat down and glassed it in, enough mat so it was almost a 1/2" thick

9. Member
    flipped the boat over today, gonna get the bottom 100% done and painted before i start blocking the top. gotta patch a couple holes in the gel coat then sand it then taking it to the shop to get painted. luckily the bottom isnt too bad at all, should be all sanded and ready for paint in a week or 2.

Last edited by RJP44; 04-03-2019 at 09:56 PM.

10. Member
    hey lookin good on the restore cant wait to see more progress with it I have been debating redoing my outlaw.. quick question.. what did you do to get the hull off the trailer and to flip it
    Springfield, Louisiana

11. Member
    thanks outlaw, for the back i attached an engine hoist to where the jackplate goes and in the front i used a backhoe attached to the eye hook to flip it. backhoe helps out tremendously

12. Member
    how is it coming on the Gambler

I like it. I have restores a norriscraft and abullet. I love bringing those old hot rods back to life.

14. Member
    there hasnt been much visual progress as of late. just alot of body work, filling all the small gel coat cracks and scratches. as of now i have the whole bottom half of the boat sanded down with 180 grit ready for primer. Im hoping that within the next 2 weeks the bottom of the boat will be primed and painted and after cure time itll be time to body work the top

Last edited by RJP44; 04-03-2019 at 09:58 PM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJP44 View Post
    there hasnt been much visual progress as of late. just alot of body work, filling all the small gel coat cracks and scratches. as of now i have the whole bottom half of the boat sanded down with 180 grit ready for primer. Im hoping that within the next 2 weeks the bottom of the boat will be primed and painted and after cure time itll be time to body work the top
    Paint or jelcoat?

16. Member
    Can't wait to see how this one turns out. I love the size of the front deck. Like fishing on a yacht

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    I love the size of the front deck. Like fishing on a yacht
    +++++1 on the size of the decks on gamblers they are nice... nice to see you are putting you own personal touches to it.. cant wait to see finished product...

18. Member
    Man it is coming along nicely. I see it can be tough to get work done looking at the tree hammock nad picturing nice colDe one in hand
    LOL
    Seriously it is coming along nicely. Did i not read but how did you get the boat turned over, tractor?

19. Member
    thanks guys, right now ive just been waiting for the weather to break to get the boat painted, its been hot and humid for quite a while. im hoping to have it in primer by the end of the week

javelin90 i flipped the boat with an engine hoist in the back and a tractor holding up the front eye hook

20. Member
    Great looking labor of love you have there! Any new updates?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast