Hole shot plate broken and replaced!

My Bob`s hole shot plate had to many trees hit it and it snapped off one one end. Need to remount my structure scan ducer, so built a new larger stainless hole shot plate and will make custom bracket next.

New plate is on the left and old broken one on the right.

2. Member
    Do you have a picture with the plate back on the boat? I'd like to see what it looks like. I need to build one for my boat also. I have a bob's 6"
    2006 Stratos 200 Pro XL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtbasspro View Post
    Do you have a picture with the plate back on the boat? I'd like to see what it looks like. I need to build one for my boat also. I have a bob's 6"
    I don`t yet but will when I get the boat back from being serviced. I made this one out of 304 stainless and it is 15 3/4" wide and 12" long. It covers all the 10" jackplate and then has a two inch angle turn-down to direct water off the higher part of the motor.

4. Member
    Ok, here are the pictures. Structure scan ducer will be mounted next.

5. Member
    Also mounted the lss1 transducer to the plate.

6. Banned
    nice job!

What exactly does that do? I'm guessing it improves hole shot, but can't get the concept in my head. Nice s.s. work though.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelmin5 View Post
    What exactly does that do? I'm guessing it improves hole shot, but can't get the concept in my head. Nice s.s. work though.
    Yes, it keeps the jack plate from catching all the water on take off , allows a place to mount structure scan and supossed to help coming off plain with water splash.

9. Member
    Very nice AMG. The SS there is perfect too. Does Bob's offer anything similar? I like the idea of the trailing lip at the bottom +2 inches.

10. Member
    Looks good

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter77346 View Post
    Very nice AMG. The SS there is perfect too. Does Bob's offer anything similar? I like the idea of the trailing lip at the bottom +2 inches.

I did not see anything like that at Bob`s and since my Bob`s plate broke from rolling over stumps, wanted to make one stronger , wider and longer. I wanted it longer to cut down on drag off the back of he engine and protect the other gadgets off the back of the plate. The width allowed the plate to overlap the jackplate, so it would be a lot stronger that way. I ordered the SS plate online and then had a shop weld the tabs on. I bent the plate to the angle I wanted before hand.

12. Member
    AMG,
    I have a very similar project on the go. I had my plate made from 1/4" Al. Questions for you; how did u drill the holes in the bobs Jp? How did u attach the hole shot plate to the JP?
    I will also be mounting the SS transducer to the plate. I purchased the transducer shield brkt made specifically for the bobs. I will post some pics when the project starts. Thanks, mike.
    85' 350V
    115 Johnson. Lowrance/Motorguide
    02' 520 DVX
    225 Evinrude E-tec HO. Lowrance/Motorguide