Looking at a Phoenix

Time to upgrade from my 2000 20 foot Skeeter, how does a Phoenix relate to skeeter in deck size and ride. I'm an old guy so I need my room and a nice ride!
    Butch Brotherton
    Monticello, Iowa
    2011 Nitro Z8 250 Mercury Pro XS

2. Moderator
    Which Phoenix you looking at? The 721 is a larger boat than the 20' Skeeter. The 719 will be similar in size. Having ridden in the big Skeeters, I can tell you the ride of the Phoenix is much softer in my opinion. And if you want the most room of anything out there, look at the 921. Junior landed his helicopter on the front deck of one.
    Jason Phillips

Looking at a 2010 721. My skeeter has a lot of front deck. I am not particulary fond of narrow front end boats. does the Phoenix have a wide front deck? Also how is the rear deck?
    Butch Brotherton
    Monticello, Iowa
    2011 Nitro Z8 250 Mercury Pro XS

4. Moderator
    Rear deck is as wide and big as any of them out there. The 721 has a very big front deck to me. I fished two on mine all the time. Some do feel it narrow's more than they prefer. Again, I never had a problem with it at all. Climb up on it and see what you think. Someone right after me may have a completely different opinion of it. It will end up being all up to you.
    Jason Phillips

5. Banned
    Here's my 2 cents on the matter:

My Ranger had a wider front end than my 719, BUT.... the only really noticeable difference (in my opinion) is all the way on the nose of the casting deck (meaning from the trolling motor recess forward. I don't know about you, but I don't ever stand ahead of the trolling motor recess. It took me a while to figure out why the front deck "felt" smaller, but that's what I determined it is. When I'm standing on the boat or even just looking at pictures, the front decks seem completely equivalent in my opinion.

I should be taking delivery on mine in the next day or so. Once I get my gear laid out on the deck and actually get to fish from it, I should be able to give a more practical review. From what I've seen though, it didn't stop me from buying a Phoenix.

6. Member
    I went from the 21 i to a 721. Any boat on the planet is going to seem a lil smaller than the big skeeters front deck. To be honest with you will never notice the difference once you are on the water and fishing. I thought my i was a great rough water boat but the phoenix puts it to shame. If you buy a phoenix you wont be disappointed

Like Jason said the rear deck on the 721 is huge! The front may be a little small for some people but I find it perfect for me. Fishing two people on the front deck has plenty of room even with 4 or 5 rods laid out on each side of the deck. The front deck on the 721 may not be as big as some of the other brands out there but it does have a lot of room. The 921's deck is really big compared to the 721.

8. Member
    highly recommend a phoenix for endless reasons

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec of Mass View Post
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterbutch View Post
    Looking at a 2010 721. My skeeter has a lot of front deck. I am not particulary fond of narrow front end boats. does the Phoenix have a wide front deck? Also how is the rear deck?

You must be referring to my boat.... ya peckerhead. No comparison between the front deck of the Phoenix and the BeeLine. Had a chance to walk through a Phoenix at Rothwell Marine when I got the BeeLine. The front deck of the Phoenix is every bit as large as the water fairy boat you have now.

11. Member
    Deck is narrower, however ride is where the Phoenix shines over the Bug Boat. I used to own a 21 I Class and became a Phoenix dealer because I was totally impressed with the features,ride, and handling.

Russ

12. Member
    Ride in a Phoenix and your decision will be made

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec of Mass View Post
    Mr. Outboard's Watersports agrees