Pro Craft Super Pro 190 propping help

Greetings all,

I recently have purchased a 09" super pro 190 with an 09' 150 Opti-max. The boat came with a 21" tempest and the hole shot was terrible. I stepped up to a 23" tempest and it won't even get on plane. I am now thinking about a four blade and was looking for any advice on which pitch and prop to try next. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Member
    1st make sure your motor is healthy and working correctly then you need to got down in pitch versus up like you did. There is also prop to pad measurement to consider. every boat and motor combination has a sweet spot. 4 blade props will also help come out the hole better but may sacrifice a touch of top end speed. If you ask over in the prop section you will get a lot more help from others with much more knowledge and experience. Proper setup and propping is sometimes frustrating but stick with it and it will prove to be worth it. When you ask in the prop section they will want to know your RPMs at wide open throttle all trimmed up to the best you can get, prop to pad measurement, and sometimes your motor serial number so they know what RPM range you should be running. There are also some prop shops out there that can be a lot of help. I ended up using BBlades out of Wisconsin because he has a prop testing program, and I know the guys here on the board really like Mark Croxton. I feel that was a little windy but hope it helps.
    Todd Kress
    1993 150HP XRI 17 pitch worked Tempest Plus
    OD232323
    1993 Procraft 200 combo

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TKress View Post
    1st make sure your motor is healthy and working correctly then you need to got down in pitch versus up like you did. There is also prop to pad measurement to consider. every boat and motor combination has a sweet spot. 4 blade props will also help come out the hole better but may sacrifice a touch of top end speed. If you ask over in the prop section you will get a lot more help from others with much more knowledge and experience. Proper setup and propping is sometimes frustrating but stick with it and it will prove to be worth it. When you ask in the prop section they will want to know your RPMs at wide open throttle all trimmed up to the best you can get, prop to pad measurement, and sometimes your motor serial number so they know what RPM range you should be running. There are also some prop shops out there that can be a lot of help. I ended up using BBlades out of Wisconsin because he has a prop testing program, and I know the guys here on the board really like Mark Croxton. I feel that was a little windy but hope it helps.
    Completely agree with this, the moderator "21XDC" over in the prop section is insanely knowledgeable. I had some hole shot issues after adding talons to a 210 super pro and ended up going with one of Mark Croxton's 4 blades, worth every penny.

4. Member
    Thanks! I'll move over there.