March Photo Theme and question on rules.

Anyone got any definite ideas on what they want to shoot this month? I am sorry I have not been as active the last couple months. I have been SLAMMED at work and home.

My question about the rules is, I am thinking about doing away with the exif data rule. I just don't have the time to check everyones photo each time and get with them if something is wrong. If someone else wants to step up and take care of it, that would work also. If we do away with it, we are just going to have to take everyones word that the photo is new and taken during the month. What say you?

Re: March Photo Theme and question on rules. (RoadrashPaul)

That's fine with me. Hopefully we can trust everyone's word around this place that they actually took the picture during this month. It's just for a little pride, if you can take pride in the fact that you cheated then so be it.

Here's a couple suggestions I made on another thread.

People
    Signs of Spring
    architecture
    nature/animals
    Texture
    Sayings (take a famous saying and find a picture to represent it)

Depth of Field
    Shutter speed (could be either stop action or motion blur)
    Macro

I agree with you on ditching the EXIF data rule. I bought,,,errr, I had taken this photo of my "rent a kid" for last months entry, he looks just like Tom's kid, they could be twins...anyway, I was modifying the EXIF,,,, err, ...image. And accidentally deleted it. So yeah, it would save me some cash, err,,,help a lot to have the rule gone.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Re: March Photo Theme and question on rules. (timberland)

I vote that all of Timberland's future pictures be disqualified since he obviously cannot be trusted to not cheat.

5. Member

I agree with everyone doing the right thing and you Paul not have to check the data. As the saying goes, Do the right thing even when no one is looking. or in this case checking. Now that I am retired and I can help out in any way needed. Im just not an expert at using this site and making polls etc, but I am still trainable...I think!
    Mike

6. Moderator

Re: March Photo Theme and question on rules. (mikeSF)

Alright that is 4 yes for doing away with it...... its gone. I will make it optional. If someone asks for it and you want to post it go ahead. I will say that I still may check a few here and there just to keep everyone honest If we are in the middle of summer and you submit a photo with snow in it, you better be in the artic

I am going to start a poll for March. Give me just a minute.

Re: March Photo Theme and question on rules. (Bsktball55)

...It's tshooter's fault
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

8. StarLight Studio B Challenger84's Avatar

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by RoadrashPaul &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">I will say that I still may check a few here and there just to keep everyone honest If we are in the middle of summer and you submit a photo with snow in it, you better be in the artic </td></tr></table>

Yes sir....I would reserve the right to spot check the data. That will keep them on their toes.
    Winn Hammond – Bailey, Mississippi
    2003 Tracker 175 Pro Crappie/Mercury 75
    BBC Mississippi Bass Club

Re: March Photo Theme and question on rules. (Challenger84)

I know I'm a little late in the voting part as the decision has already been made but, I yes "sure" get rid of the requirement. Like others have said, be honest and let's have fun with it. If an image looks out of place Paul can contact them and check up on it. Thanks Paul, again, for your time and efforts here.