Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prop Test On 21SS W/250XS

I know there is a few of the 21ss burnning up the water now. So for those of you that own one or have tested them ( P. Nichols LOL ) how bout some Test Results??? (Exact prop, Set up, Speed, Likes & Dislikes???) I know the Demo's had Trophys but like Paul said earlier , there are better props. Paul think i read you run it in the 90's but with what prop?

Re: Prop Test On 21SS W/250XS (hubert davis)

Hubert the only results I have seen so far is 21ss 250 Sport XS 1.62 sporty with full fishing load solo: stock 28 Bravo XS 89.1 and a 28 Bravo 1 worked by Billy Eaves 90.4.

Sure wish you could spend the weekend here so we could get that bad boy broke in. I am sure we could get 10 or so props together to find out what this thing wants.

3. Member

Re: Prop Test On 21SS W/250XS (70 Mach 1)

70 Mach 1
    Sorry I can't this weekend my boy has a football game. As soon as I get it broke in and get a free weekend I'll definately come up there. I will try to give you a weeks notice before I come. I appreciate all the help you've been. We will be there fri morning at 9 if you have time to stop by.

4. MrT

Hubert I pick my boat up this week and I ordered a couple of plates and a Power Pole bracket from Unique Boat Products. The owner is a guy named Mike, super nice. I talked props to him and he told me to buy a Bravo 1 28p and send it to Mark Croxton which is what I did. After talking to Mark he tells me he has a Razor out that will do the job in a 27 pitch for the SS. Before u spend any money give him a call he took the time to explain what he does and his prop is in line price wise with all the others. I know you see all the guys sending him props on BBC so I'm giving him a try. Have you found any thing different, I have never had a Bravo 1 but I do know folks run them, but not many in the Jax/Palatka area. Send me a picture of your Boat. Also had to move to the Sport XS as Mercury would not swap lower units on the Pro XS and Bullets will not perform to potential without the Sportmaster. ....Dan

Hubert I will definately try to get over there to meet you.

6. Member

Re: Prop Test On 21SS W/250XS (MrT)

Mr T

I dont know much about the Bravo or the Razor. I've been reading alot about those two and the Hydromotive. Those seem to be very well liked. I've read a little bout the Txp also. Some people like'em some dont.

I'd like to know what prop Paul N. was running when he got in mid 90's?

70 Mach 1 has been verry helpfull and has offered to let me try several of his props before I make a final dession. They cost to much money just to buy somethin hoping it will work. Let me know how yours works.

Did you get your boat today? If so , post some pics of it !!!! I'd like to see it now that it is rigged out,

7. BBC SPONSOR

I can tell you that Paul says a Hydromotive will run great on the SS.

I dont have a SS, but I love my Hydromotive. My 2nd favorite was a 27 Razor 4. I hated the 27 txp.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Re: Prop Test On 21SS W/250XS (Tim Powell)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Tim Powell &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">I can tell you that Paul says a Hydromotive will run great on the SS.

I dont have a SS, but I love my Hydromotive. My 2nd favorite was a 27 Razor 4. I hated the 27 txp.</td></tr></table>

9. Member

Re: Prop Test On 21SS W/250XS (Largemouthlou)

Tim,
    Why did you not like the TXP?
    Ronnie

10. BBC SPONSOR

Re: Prop Test On 21SS W/250XS (rclark1)

i like the price and the warranty, but thats it.

My hydromotive is several MPH faster in the same conditions w/ same load. And the holeshot blows it away as well.

ive tried them on 3 different 21/250 combo's, 21/300xs combo. and a 20 comp/250 & 300 combo....
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

11. Member

Re: Prop Test On 21SS W/250XS (Tim Powell)

I just got a 2012 21 xrd 250 pro xs and heard the hydromotive wasn't very durable. What kind of speed would one expect?
    Thanks
    Ronnie

Re: Prop Test On 21SS W/250XS (rclark1)

I am sure Tim will be along shortly, but I know he has run 85 solo loaded heavy to fish on a upper 90 to 100 degree day. Tim has his boat flying and it would not suprise me to see him hit 88 this fall.

13. Member

I also have a 21xd w/250xb and hope this new boat will run as good as the old one does? Any thing special done to the hydromotive?
    Ronnie

14. MrT

It will be complete the 27th had a few issues to work thru on some custom stuff I ordered. I will get some pictures up Thursday of the boat and trailer. Guys you got to see this trailer it turned out even better than I hoped for. The gloss black powder coat Ameratrail put on it does not have a flaw I have picked it apart. I have some silver Bullet decals to match the ones on my boat that should be here Thursday to put on the trailer before I put it up. I should have it broke in by Friday and be able to stretch it out Hubert and will let you know the numbers to go with the Bravo. Tim is right on with the Hydromotive, I ran it on my 21XD with the 300 best all around prop in every department, no complaints anywhere.

15. BBC SPONSOR

Yep, Love my Hydro on the 21xrd/250 pro xs
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

16. Member

Mr T

Cant wait to see your boat and hear the #'s on the Hydomotive and the Bravo.

I hope to get mine broke on in this weekend too. Last weekend it was a little rough so didnt get to finish breakin it in but here is how it did . Im very happy with it so far in rough water.

21ss 250 sporty xs
    1.25" above pad
    26 txp 4 blade
    5700rpms
    86mph
    Still got some left in it!!!

Driver (me) 260lbs
    tackle 60lbs
    full tank of gas

Very happy with the boat so far!

Just wait til ya jack the motor up a bump or two!

18. Banned

I run nothing but Hydromotive. Yes I had a blade crack back in the beginning but I simply called Todd and he sent me another one. I think every prop has or will crack sooner or later it is about how the company stands behind it that matters.

19. Banned

Re: Prop Test On 21SS W/250XS (TarheelXRD)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by TarheelXRD &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">I run nothing but Hydromotive. Yes I had a blade crack back in the beginning but I simply called Todd and he sent me another one. I think every prop has or will crack sooner or later it is about how the company stands behind it that matters. </td></tr></table>

Yep...8 months...

Re: Prop Test On 21SS W/250XS (Meyers)

I too run only Hydro's
    so far 5 years service and 2 times sent back just to check prop, balance, make sure its ok, Todd called last time I sent prop in and he found a small crack starting to develop and he redid prop,Todd is great guy to work with, I will run another! I have had great service and sold many Hydros by letting the guys run mine.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast