21 XRS Cutting in Speakers Soon

I know I'll catch hell about this one, but I'm thinking of cutting in some speakers soon. One in the side of the console and one in the left inner wall. I already have 2 Kicker KM8s in a plate under the console, but when cruising at 50 or so, I'm the only one that can hear the music. I fish whenever I can, but I do alot of family cruising and sand bar hopping too. The speakers under the console are just too muffled for me. And like SUSHI said, It's just a hunk of fiberglass. Anyone have pics of where they cut in some speakers? I've seen a couple XRS that had some in the front step firing back at the passengers, but looks like they would have to be pretty small to fit there.
    Last edited by BigCountryx; 06-16-2021 at 01:02 PM.
    XRS/250 ProXS

In my opinion if I were to put speakers and cut holes it would be in the front step. This way if you ever wanted to get rid of them or your boat your boat is not cut….you can buy that center step from Bullet. The only downside in my opinion it makes that center step more heavy. A few years ago I had a Bullet in my shop that had speakers in the center step.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Xrs doesn't have a replaceable step , mine are under console also I know what you mean.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

4. Member
    Like av said, the XRS doesn't have that front step like the XD has. Even if I cut that area, it isn't replaceable. I know I've heard people before talk about how it'll be a hard sell with holes cut in it, but I imagine I am not the only person that wouldn't mind a couple of nice speakers cut in as long as it was well done and the sound was worth it. Getting the saw out to cutting the holes is the worst part. I wish the previous owner had already done it, lol. These are the KM8s that I installed under the console. I thought the highs would be muffled, but figured I would give it a try. Now I want more, especially with the 10" bazooka that I put in a front compartment for family days on the lake.

Console Speakers.jpg
    XRS/250 ProXS

5. Member
    Just get Sushii to come and cut em....he aint skeered!
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

6. Member
    When I went to Bullet and looked at my boat before it left there I asked if I could get a wind shield. They said you can and handed me the shield and started telling me how to install them. When they got to the part about drilling holes in that beautiful console I stopped him mid sentence. I handed the shield back to him and said you drill the holes whenever I leave.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

7. Member
    I cut speakers in Sarges boat he couldn't do it either, I don't mind destroying someone eles boat j/k they look great
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

Im really slow and not well educated…though it was a XRD.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Member
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

10. Member
    In 4 or 5 years when those speakers start to rattle and not work, do you think that you're going to be able to find new speakers that will fit in those Ginormous holes that you just cut!!??? Definitely under the console in a custom built box or brackets.......

Quote Originally Posted by 20DC BULLET View Post
    In 4 or 5 years when those speakers start to rattle and not work, do you think that you're going to be able to find new speakers that will fit in those Ginormous holes that you just cut!!??? Definitely under the console in a custom built box or brackets.......
    This^^^^^

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by 20DC BULLET View Post
    Why not? companies making 1000's of speakers these days. Im sure a standard size speaker will be a easy replacement. Not sure why a certain size would be hard to find in a few years.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

13. Member
    I've had a nice stereo in every boat I've owned. I like my tunes on the water. My next one will not have a built in stereo. Today's Bluetooth speakers are just to good to justify drilling big holes in my pretty fiberglass. Lol!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Quote Originally Posted by shapfromla View Post
    I've had a nice stereo in every boat I've owned. I like my tunes on the water. My next one will not have a built in stereo. Today's Bluetooth speakers are just to good to justify drilling big holes in my pretty fiberglass. Lol!
    The JBL Flip 4 is a nice option.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

15. Member
    The bluetooth is a really good option, i hadn't thought about that. Plus they make some now that sound freak'n awesome. I have a Malibu wake board boat and it has 12 speaker cut in and two 12" subs and two 12 inch tower speakers running 4 amps and 4 batteries to keep everything playing. I like to feel my music..lol I have 6x9's cut in under both consoles in my 20XDC and I can hear them really well. The storage boxes act like a car trunk which is what the 6x9's were originally designed for, large cavities.

I really like the bluetooth idea....