Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Thumbs Up Your Patience and Understanding is Appreciated! Updated 11/2/2023

Guys and Gals:

I would first like to thank all of you that have chosen to do business with European Marine, LLC. It's a real pleasure to assist you with your needs.

As many of you know, I devote a substantial amount of time DAILY to this site. This time is on a "volunteer" basis.... and believe it or not, I actually DO work a day job that involves the use of hand-tools and "hands-on manual labor".

When we're in our busy season.... the best way to reach me personally is either through BBC, or via email (which allows me to respond when I have the chance). Please try these methods first.

You're always welcome to call if your question or need is of a nature that cannot be handled by email, IM or posting. You'll likely speak with one of my staff... and MANY of your questions can be answered by my staff (usually Rhonda). We definitely appreciate it when you have your engine serial number ON HAND when calling.

I sincerely appreciate those that show kindness and courtesy to my staff!

If your question pertains to "what size wrench is used to remove this bolt".... that's certainly something that can be found in a service manual, one of my staff can answer, or can be handled by email. Parts questions are also something that my staff is well equipped to handle, and can usually be handled most rapidly by email (or even directly on our website at: www.europeanmarine.org/partsaccessories.html

If I'm not available (which is often the case during the day)... PLEASE leave your contact information (and a brief description of what your call is in reference to) with whomever answers the phone (or if you get our voicemail, PLEASE leave a message). I WILL return your call when I have a few minutes (and usually return calls at the beginning of, or end of, my work day).

Please- when leaving messages, leave a phone number that I can actually reach you at. It's frustrating when 7 of 10 returned phone calls result in "voicemail" (or worse yet... a "voicemailbox that is full and cannot accept messages- OR has not been setup... goodbye").

If I'm unable to reach you upon dialing your number, I'll try to leave a message. That's as far as I can go (message is crossed off if I can't reach you).

I MUST be able to complete work and make a meager living.... or I can't be available to assist here... thanks for understanding that I will return your call/contact!

I'm happy to help you in any way possible... and simply ask that you be patient, courteous and understanding with me and my staff.

Thank you for your assistance... looking forward to a GREAT SEASON!
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 04-13-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Re: Your Patience and Understanding is Appreciated! (EuropeanAM)

Please understand that at about 200 calls a day for Don, he would never get anything done! Sometimes people just want to say thank you which is greatly appreciated

However, I get in trouble when I drag Don out of a boat or stop him from working to pick up the phone for him to tell me afterwords "you could have answered that question."

I will gladly listen to your questions and help you to the best of my ability. I will also tell you if Don needs to be the one to help you. I take all messages seriously, and make sure he receives them throughout the day. Occassionally, emergencies happen on the water and Don does his best to leave no one stranded!

Please do NOT take it personally. We want you to call with your technical questions. I fully understand that it is sometimes easier by phone than online

However, there are some who call everytime they start their engine it seems...

Rhonda Weed
    Parts Manager
    European Marine, LLC

3. Member

Re: Your Patience and Understanding is Appreciated! (DondaLastNerve)

Hello Rhonda, Nice to talk to the BOSS . To be honest with you i did not know he was still working with the tools,i though he was sitting in a big-ol high back chair answering our questions and ever now and then get up to see what was going on around there. Heck, I'm as guilty as any one. I would even come get him to go to the 2.5 forum to answer my questions there. But that tell's you how much i value his replies. But i never worried about getting a reply because i know it will come. You have no ideal how much we appreciate what everyone there does for us. I know there are a few bad apples in every bushel but the majority of the people here love yall to death, even people like me that have never had the pleasure of meeting the Weed family. Maybe one day. People actually call to ask what size wrench too use

4. Not a member

Re: Your Patience and Understanding is Appreciated! (CRIMSONGAMBLER)

5. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar

Re: Your Patience and Understanding is Appreciated! (desertbasser)

Its amazing to me at the amount of information that Don has made available in this forum. Most questions that anyone has could be answered simply by doing a search for the topic, or just scrolling through the topics. I have learned an incredible amount about these black engines just by reading daily through what Don has posted. Thank you Don for providing us with this daily dose of Mercury school..
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

Re: Your Patience and Understanding is Appreciated! (cmclairday2)

Don, what time ya take lunch??

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Re: Your Patience and Understanding is Appreciated! (Largemouthlou)

Quote Originally Posted by originally posted by [B
    Largemouthlou][/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by originally posted by [B
    Don, what time ya take lunch??
    Somewhere between 8am and 8pm (on days that start with an "S").
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 12-12-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Wait a minute... YOU get lunch???

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Re: Your Patience and Understanding is Appreciated! (DondaLastNerve)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Wait a minute... YOU get lunch???

ONLY when the boss let's me.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 03-25-2014 at 05:40 AM.

10. Member

Nobody in the world, especially the marine business, better to deal with than Don and you can take that to the bank. He even calls you at the lake to check on his work the next day. Who else does that??
    Danny Collier - Evans, GA
    Ranger Z520 / Mercury 250 ProXS

11. Member

Re: Your Patience and Understanding is Appreciated! (cmclairday2)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by cmclairday2 &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Its amazing to me at the amount of information that Don has made available in this forum. Most questions that anyone has could be answered simply by doing a search for the topic, or just scrolling through the topics. I have learned an incredible amount about these black engines just by reading daily through what Don has posted. Thank you Don for providing us with this daily dose of Mercury school.. </td></tr></table>

+1000 !!

12. Member

Re: Your Patience and Understanding is Appreciated! (Adub)

13. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar

I'd certainly hope everyone would totally understand this............Don is a true asset to BBC and keeping him around is a good thing
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

Re: Your Patience and Understanding is Appreciated! (jclark408)

If Don's shop were only about 700 miles closer, I'd never let anyone else work on my Merc...

I read this forum every day to see what nuggets of wisdom Don has parceled out...

One of these days when I am in Greenville and can wrangle a few hours away from work, I am going to buy Don a good steak. The things I've learned here have saved me a small fortune.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Would you guys leave Don alone. He is supposed to be working on MY motor!

In all seriousness, Don is a great asset to us all. He AND Rhonda make it possible for us to save a few bucks here and there. I am thrilled to be able to pay him for some work he is doing to my motor.

Last edited by 06 SB; 01-19-2013 at 08:06 AM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

This is where the o'l saying applies ..............

So many problems and so little time......

Thanks Don, Ronda & Staff for all your support...
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio

17. Member
    Don has helped me and has asked for nothing. Please everybody respect his wishes. His vast knowledge given freely helps us with these highly technical motors. The least we can do is let him run his business.
    Don, I do wish you were near the FL panhandle!
    Thanks for all of your help.

18. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Just a seasonal reminder... it's that time of year (again).

For those of you trying to contact me by phone- I return calls throughout the day (when I get a break), OR at the end of the workday.

It is important to have a number you can be reached at so as to avoid playing phone-tag for several days.

Looking forward to a GREAT SEASON!
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 03-25-2014 at 05:42 AM.

Just say'n.................

We all want to be up and running A.S.A.P. when problems arise and they usually happen at the worst time, me included, but please, lets all try to be very considerate of Don's time to BBC, what he does for us is "TOTALLY OF HIS OWN PERSONAL FREE TIME" .

He has a business to run first on foremost, secondly, he has a family life, and thirdly, he does deserve some time to himself or with his family to enjoy the sport we all love. I've personally chewed him out numerous times for calling me on a Sunday, not because I have an issue with that, but rather............me telling him, Hey Don, its Sunday, don't you have a personal life, call me on a working weekday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But that's Don for ya always wanting to help us all as much as he possibly can, so lets cut the man some slack so he can enjoy life a little. He and his staff do a 5 Star job of supporting us all.
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio

I just ordered my parts and additives from him today, lucky enough I got to talk to him personally and had a list of stuff I needed that I had ready through PMs I spoke with him about prior to my phone call. Thanks for the service of supplies and endless time you devote on here to our questions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast