Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Already got my stuff from fed ex thanks for the lightning fast service! Top notch service

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You're very welcome, Brent!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Seasonal Reminder

Just a seasonal reminder.... see first post in this thread.

Thanks- looking forward to a GREAT season this year (already WELL underway).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I really hate to harp on a topic, but of late, this has gotten so far out of hand that I feel it's a necessity now.

If you need assistance, I'm ALWAYS willing to try and help. However, you should pick ONE of the following (preferably starting at the TOP of the list as the most preferable methods):

-Post your question, with engine serial number and a BRIEF detailing of your question or problem. If further questions/responses are necessary, be patient and respond as required.

-PM me through the BBC system. If you're responding to a PM- DON'T ERASE THE QUOTES, PLEASE.

-Email me (can be accomplished by clicking on my member name- NOTE: You must setup YOUR email information, and accept contacts from all members to utilize this feature)

-Phone the office- many times my staff can assist, and if not, leave a message, I will return your call when I can take a break (I must be able to reach you at the number you provide, however, the FIRST time- only one attempted callback will occur).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For some reason (lately), some feel it necessary to post two or more times in separate forums, send FOUR or more PM's, call the office and leave a message, and then call back again within 2 hours. And all that within 6 hours!

This is simply inconsiderate. In the time it takes me to sort through all of those contacts.... I could have helped THREE (or more) other people that were patiently waiting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Additionally:
    I will no longer be providing support for E-bay Purchases. If you bought two motors, and a bunch of rigging (or Smartcraft) components off E-bay... please contact your E-bay seller for support on those products.

It takes a considerable amount of time to accurately spec out the rigging components for an engine-rigging job... and nearly DOUBLE that amount of time to sort through a bunch of production part numbers that came from cables, adapters, and "stuff" that were purchased through auctions. I find that each week I'm spending 5 or more hours sorting out these situations for folks... most commonly so they can go back to Ebay and buy some more stuff, then contact me when something doesn't work (again).

I'm happy to assist those who are willing to work through NORMAL channels, and even in cases where products were purchased from other BBC sponsors (
    or in normal, Retail Packaging from ANY Authorized Mercury Dealer).

Thank you for your cooperation, and understanding!
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 05-12-2014 at 07:25 AM.

All said Don is completely understandable! What you and the board guys do here is so far out of your way to help its an understatement! You guys do what 99% of shops would never do and thats give free advice, with no promise of retribution! . Thanks so much for all the help, and My only problem is yall are so far away, if yall moved down here I could let yall do my work, and not just order stuff and have it shipped here! . Thanks for the help, support, time, and most of all FREE ASSISTANCE!

6. Member
    " If you bought two motors, and a bunch of rigging (or Smartcraft) components off E-bay... please contact your E-bay seller for support on those products.

It takes a considerable amount of time to accurately spec out the rigging components for an engine-rigging job... and nearly DOUBLE that amount of time to sort through a bunch of production part numbers that came from cables, adapters, and "stuff" that were purchased through auctions. I find that each week I'm spending 5 or more hours sorting out these situations for folks... most commonly so they can go back to Ebay and buy some more stuff, then contact me when something doesn't work (again).

I'm happy to assist those who are willing to work through NORMAL channels, and even in cases where products were purchased from other BBC sponsors (or in normal, Retail Packaging from ANY Authorized Mercury Dealer). "

I talked to Don about The Smartcraft hardware, cables etc a couple of times, first by e-mail and when I was ready I called him and placed the order. I feel that when a business takes the time to help with all the questions they deserve the business that you are going to put somewhere. I had been looking for quite some time on the internet but couldn't get the information I was looking for. He had the components, they were available and he was willing to take his time, offer sudgestion and give me the assistance so I could make an informed decision (ultimately probably saved me $$). Thank you Don and Rhonda for your assistance and great service.
    I did the same with BBG Marine, another BBC sponsor. He took the time, answered my questions, offered sudgestions and eventually when I was ready I purchased my Lawrance graph, down/side scan and network hardware from him. Again I felt his time is valuable and he was very helpfull and I felt the need to return the favor by buying the hardware we had been talking about.
    There may have been better deals out there for both of my purchases (European Marine and BBG Marine), I dought it and no one else was willing or didn't know answers to my questions and I only wanted to do it once. I guess what I am saying is take care of those who take care of you. If you want quality hardware and service correct the first time, buy from the folks that know what they are doing and take the time to work with you.

Don's time is very valuable as a business owner, I can't even imagine taking that amout of time out of a day let alone weeks on end. Thank you for your assistance and all the information you provide to all of us.
    Folks, Please listen to what he is saying as we don't want to loose this resource.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikon Man View Post
    This is where the o'l saying applies ..............

So many problems and so little time......

Thanks Don, Ronda & Staff for all your support...
    So many problems and so little Don.....

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    I really hate to harp on a topic, but of late, this has gotten so far out of hand that I feel it's a necessity now.

If you need assistance, I'm ALWAYS willing to try and help. However, you should pick ONE of the following (preferably starting at the TOP of the list as the most preferable methods):

-Post your question, with engine serial number and a BRIEF detailing of your question or problem. If further questions/responses are necessary, be patient and respond as required.

-PM me through the BBC system. If you're responding to a PM- DON'T ERASE THE QUOTES, PLEASE.

-Email me (can be accomplished by clicking on my member name- NOTE: You must setup YOUR email information, and accept contacts from all members to utilize this feature)

-Phone the office- many times my staff can assist, and if not, leave a message, I will return your call when I can take a break (I must be able to reach you at the number you provide, however, the FIRST time- only one attempted callback will occur).

For some reason (lately), some feel it necessary to post two or more times in separate forums, send FOUR or more PM's, call the office and leave a message, and then call back again within 2 hours. And all that within 6 hours!

This is simply inconsiderate. In the time it takes me to sort through all of those contacts.... I could have helped THREE (or more) other people that were patiently waiting.

Additionally:
    I will no longer be providing support for E-bay Purchases. If you bought two motors, and a bunch of rigging (or Smartcraft) components off E-bay... please contact your E-bay seller for support on those products.

I'm happy to assist those who are willing to work through NORMAL channels, and even in cases where products were purchased from other BBC sponsors (
    or in normal, Retail Packaging from ANY Authorized Mercury Dealer).

Thank you for your cooperation, and understanding!

Smartest move you've made in a long time my friend............
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Just a seasonal Reminder- And of course, this applies for the others that help here in the Forums as well (Joe54, Savage, and many others). A little patience and courtesy can go a LONG way!

Just a seasonal Reminder- And of course, this applies for the others that help here in the Forums as well (Joe54, Savage, and many others). A little patience and courtesy can go a LONG way!
    A little patience and courtesy can go a LONG way!
    Totally agree !
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Time for a Seasonal Reminder.... Thanks!

Time for a Seasonal Reminder.... Thanks!
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12