Henderson anyone?

Might go out to Henderson Saturday morning for a little while, anyone fished out there recently? What's the water level like? Water temps? Water color? Any info on what's been working..? Anything helps. THANKS!

-------------------------------------------
    Justin Mayers

2. Louisiana Bass Club Moderator

Re: Henderson anyone? (frogpond11)

Weather is supposed to be pretty cold this weekend.I think they said in the 30's for the low and 60's for the high.Hard to say how it will affect the fishing if it's only a few days of the cold stuff. Still might be good though..

Re: Henderson anyone? (JOHN202)

And the water is LOW. If the cold ain't too bad, you may do some good.

Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

4. Louisiana Bass Club Moderator

Re: Henderson anyone? (Alan S)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Alan S &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">And the water is LOW. If the cold ain't too bad, you may do some good.

</td></tr></table>

It's 1.85 at Morgan City right now.

5. Member

Re: Henderson anyone? (JOHN202)

yall just be careful in the spillway. Im not the best fisherman in the spillway but i know some people that know it well and they wont even go fish it becuase its pretty dangerous right now. Just sayin, watch them sand bars and logs!!!
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right......once is enough!"

6. Louisiana Bass Club Moderator

Re: Henderson anyone? (90xpress)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by 90xpress &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">yall just be careful in the spillway. Im not the best fisherman in the spillway but i know some people that know it well and they wont even go fish it becuase its pretty dangerous right now. Just sayin, watch them sand bars and logs!!! </td></tr></table>

Best time to go is right now, but you right about being careful.

7. Member

Re: Henderson anyone? (frogpond11)

i fish there alot. did real well last week before the cold fronts, one almost 5lbs and several over 14". fish wind blown banks and pionts start far back and work in, with anything you like. if the wind is from the north and east you aint gona catch. ride around and injoy. if you catch some please release them, the lake is bounceing back fast. launch at Mcgees landing and just watch for your trailer falling of the cement, ive had no problem there all week. once your in the main lakes you just stay in the middle and run that ranger. if the wind is calm look for a white and black skeeter zx200 and ill show you some spots to fish. ive got a shooting thing that moring. water was getting muddy and cooler, 72 on 30 oct, this wind will make it muddy.
    i wish some other LA BBCERS would give out some fishing info beside just bullshiting
    be cool

Re: Henderson anyone? (no land)

We will give in IM if asked. Too many unregistered people read this then wear out you spots.

9. Member

Re: Henderson anyone? (RogerR)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by RogerR &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">We will give in IM if asked. Too many unregistered people read this then wear out you spots. </td></tr></table>

+1 I couldn't care less about letting half the world know where I caught fish
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

10. Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by RogerR &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">We will give in IM if asked. Too many unregistered people read this then wear out you spots. </td></tr></table>

+100000

11. Member

Re: Henderson anyone? (hookem175)

It has been a couple of weeks since I fished Henderson. The water is very low. I totally agree with catch and release in Henderson. The fishing was really great but Gustav really put a hurt on it with the huge fish kill. It is coming back although the hydrilla is taking over.

I may head that way this weekend. Stop by if you see a blue/gray Ranger 521 with a Yamaha 250 HPDI.

With the water as low as it is, you may try the points in the main lake as well as along the Texas Canal. I don't believe the drains in the oil field canals will be any good with the water as low as it is.

I have been launching at Cypress Cove (last pay landing along the levee) and have not had any problems. Great place to launch, they back your vehicle to launch, park it and then get it and back it in to load up the boat. Best money I ever spend, especially if I am alone.

12. Louisiana Bass Club Moderator

Re: Henderson anyone? (Ranger 251)

Nice folks over there.

13. Member
    Yea we definitely release the fish we catch at Henderson. Dad and I fished out there one day earlier this year and caught over 200 and left by 11:30AM..only a few keepers but man that was fun. I've only been once since then and caught about 35-40 that day, fishing until about 10:30AM. I don't really expect to wear em out with the lows in the 30s and highs in the mid 60s..but maybe we can run across 15-20 or something. Definitely release them though, for sure. People talk about different areas in Henderson and I really have no idea...I've always just fished points that are sort of along the interstate/bridge area, never fished much other than that. I should probably get a map

-------------------------------------------
    Justin Mayers

14. Member

we can help each other out without giving our best spots away. as yall all know if you can fish the basion, north la. lakes and toledo bend nobody can out fish us, i dont give a damn how many post they read.
    if guys are keeping all they catch then shame on them. bass fishing aint like catching speks and reds in big lake. iam happy to help out of area guys because they have helped me out on there lakes many times
    be cool

15. Member

Re: Henderson anyone? (no land)

There have been many a time my wife caught 30 or so in a morning. Some cases we have several keepers and others all below the 14 inch limit but always a fun time. One day especially, she had a 3 lber and I had a 4 lber along with several other 2 lbers. Man was that a blast.

Also, FYI the 14 inch limit is in effect in Henderson and the game wardens were checking on size a few years back.

Fishing is a hit or miss in Henderson depending on water clarity and how low/high the lake is. It is like anything else, yoiu need to learn how to fish it in order to catch.

16. Member
    Henderson the water temps was high 50's in the morning and got up to 64 by 2 pm. I was sacalait fishing caught a bunch and managed 1 bass 2 pounds. If anyone needs any info on Henderson email me at lafayetteduckhunter23@yahoo.com I fish all the wensday night sacalait torments and the Thursday night bass tourmeants. We fished a open tourmeant like 1 month ago we had either 13 or 14 pounds.
    Derek Picard