Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Gotcha- and yes, the TPS is probably not properly reinstalled (or was damaged). Wasn't thinking about the 5mm screws securing the TPS from "5/16"... guess I was thinking he was referring to the 8mm bolts securing the VST.

Quote Originally Posted by basscatpuma
    Is this the same filter for a 2011 250 pro XS
    Yes, it is.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    Does an '08 175 proxs have a water separater on it as well? Was thinking of putting one on, saw this thread and am now thinking it isnt needed. Could someone clarify for me? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3. Member
    You have one.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladr6 View Post
    Does an '08 175 proxs have a water separater on it as well? Was thinking of putting one on, saw this thread and am now thinking it isnt needed. Could someone clarify for me? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    You have a spin-on (cannister-style) separating filter inside the engine cowling. Part# 18458T4 or 18458Q4.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thank you!

Curious as to the solution to the problem from removing the TSP while changing the filter. Ialso removed the 3 bolts. I felt like I was going to break or at least bend the linkage arm. I have not ran it yet so I dont know if I have a problem.

7. Member
    You don't remove ANY screws....Pull the rod ends apart at the ball and socket joint.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    You don't remove ANY screws....Pull the rod ends apart at the ball and socket joint.
    +1

Very simple to do with a pair of needle-nose pliers.

9. Member
    Welcome back Don! Hope the unbearable pain is gone forever!!!!

BAM

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yeah, I would "hope" for that as well. Have a LONG way to go as far as recovery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12