Standard Batteries installed by Triton or Dealers?

Just wondering what the standard starting battery installed by Triton or their dealers for a 250 Pro XS?

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

Re: Standard Batteries installed by Triton or Dealers? (TritonKTB)

can't speak for triton but usually dealers install cheap ones or some no name brand. On my new 250 pro XS they installed Interstates which met min. requirements and the cranking battery did not last 8 months.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Re: Standard Batteries installed by Triton or Dealers? (Puma Jim)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Puma Jim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can't speak for triton but usually dealers install cheap ones or some no name brand. On my new 250 pro XS they installed Interstates which met min. requirements and the cranking battery did not last 8 months.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, that's what we see most commonly... an Interstate Battery that, when FULLY CHARGED and "brand new" BARELY MEETS THE "BARE MINIMUM CAPACITY REQUIREMENT" for the engine.

Problem is.... if you run ANYTHING in the boat (or the battery deteriorates even slightly), you're going to have problems!

Here's some MUCH better choices:

http://www.bbcboards.net...st-in

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member

Re: Standard Batteries installed by Triton or Dealers? (TritonKTB)

My 08 21 X2 (250 Pro XS) came with 4 Deka batteries. The trolling motor batteries are still going strong but my starter battery only lasted a year and a half. Replaced it with a Sears Diehard Platnum 31 AGM battery which has 1150 cca and around 200 reserve minutes. It is heavy and costly but I hope my battery concerns are over for a few years.

5. BBC SPONSOR

Re: Standard Batteries installed by Triton or Dealers? (JRBjr)

I have always brought my own batteries to the dealer when I buy a boat. I have always installed either optima's or Interstates and have had zero issues. I don't think its the brand. I think its a more of not installing the correct product to fit the application.

I run only 2 group 31's in my boat and have had the same set of Optimas in it since sept of 2007. ZERO problems. I run a 24 volt troller, acc, and crank off these batts with ZERO problems...

I also run 4 group 31's in my 33' offshore boat with twin 300 Verodo's. Zero problems...