Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Mercury's Updated 3L "Bass" Product Line- Updated 07/2010

<U>Enhanced 3.0L OptiMax Bass Engine Offering</U>

Mercury Marine is proud to announce an enhanced range of 3.0L OptiMax bass models designed to provide even more propulsion options to maximize the performance of your boats.

Joining the popular Pro XS series will be two new ProXS models that feature the Torque Master gearcase and two new Sport XS models with the Sport Master gearcase. These introductions round out a strategy to match the OptiMax brand (Pro XS, XS, and Sport XS) with a specific gearcase that better targets the performance needs of each segment within the bass market. A breakdown of the new 200-250 horsepower bass offering follows below.

1-200P73EY 200 ProXS Verado Gearcase 1.75:1 3 Years Standard Production
    1-225P73ED 225L Pro XS Verado Gearcase 1.75:1 3 Years Standard Production
    1-250P73ED 250L Pro XS Verado Gearcase 1.75:1 3 Years Standard Production
    1-226P73ED 225L ProXS *Torquemaster 1.75:1* 3 Years Standard Production
    1-251P73ED 250L ProXS *Torquemaster 1.75:1* 3 Years Standard Production
    1-192747BHH 225L Sport XS* Sport Master 1.62:1 2 Years Racing Production
    1-192947BHH 250L Sport XS* Sport Master 1.62:1 2 Years Racing Production
    1-192947DHH 250L Sport XS* Sport Master 1.75:1 2 Years Racing Production

*Built to order.

The biggest changes are the addition of the 225 & 250 "Sport XS" models, and the 225/250 ProXS models with the Torquemaster Gearcase (and 3 year warranty).

More information will be available soon at your local dealer, or at: http://www.mercurymarine.com

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member

Re: Mercury's Updated 3L "Bass" Product Line (trashy)

It may be a misprint that you get 2+1 just like now or get all three with no option of extended service plan.

I would like it clarified also.

CLOSED GAMEFISHING SEASONS IN WI HAS NO BIOLOGICAL CREEDENCE!!!

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Re: Mercury's Updated 3L "Bass" Product Line (trashy)

No problems with shooting the messenger..... even if you were, I'd take it with a "grain of salt" (actually have taken enough this week that OSHA demands I install handrails on my back).

To clarify this... the first post above comes directly from Mercury's press release (the word "production" was added after racing lines for clarity). Not a misprint (unless it was misprinted there).

The powerheads themselves (between the various 225 models, and the various 250 models) are essentially identical. Just as it has been (although there are a few minor improvements made, as with any new model version).

Of course, this is JMHO: The primary reason for the XS model with "Torquemaster case" and 3 year warranty, is to fill a "niche" in the market that was left void when the Verado Gearcase was placed on the ProXS.

This left Bullet, Allison, Stroker, and various other "lighter, faster hulls" without a lower cost, torque-reduced gearcase choice on the ProXS lineup- with a standard warranty (and these manufacturers have requested something to fill this niche in the market... I've had several conversations with boat manufacturers regarding this topic recently).

Rather than offer "two" ProXS models, the decision was apparently made to offer the XS with a Torquemaster AND 3 year warranty. The "SportXS" is simply a new designation for the model replacing the "Racing XS" that you now run.... helping to specify this model from the many other XS gearcase/model options (most of which come with Offshore Swivel Brackets and Trim Systems... and aren't really suited for the bass market).

It's a change.... but essentially a "reintroduction" of the engine choices we originally had, PLUS a couple of model options.

BTW Steve.... the 250 XS w/Sportmaster has been a "Racing" engine from it's beginnings.... and has remained that way, even as the 250 Sport XS.

If you didn't purchase an additonal year of Product Protection.... it's probably still available to you (I'll price it for you if you like).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Banned

Re: Mercury's Updated 3L "Bass" Product Line (EuropeanAM)

Thanks for the info Don.

Mercury Racing is pretty much a joke nowadays and really went away when they stopped building 2.5's...IMO

In addition, with the E-10 crap that was forced upon us, none of them run like theyre supposed to anyways!

Trashy, I hope you dont end up equally unimpressed with your 250XS as I am with mine. I even bought both sets of gear ratios, Simon flywheel, Simon ECU, etc and it still underperforms. I will admit that it has been reliable though and Ive not had any coil issues...KNOCK ON WOOD.

5. Member

Re: Mercury's Updated 3L "Bass" Product Line (RobShaw1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RobShaw1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
    Mercury Racing is pretty much a joke nowadays and really went away when they stopped building 2.5's...IMO </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would agree except for the 300x and ProXB 250. Those were bad mommas too

Re: Mercury's Updated 3L "Bass" Product Line (Darth VMAX)

Darth: Head to head my stock 250 XS's have out pulled and out run top end stock 250 XB's on the same boat. The 300X is an animal with out question.

The XB's are a great motor and with just a little mods can be all of a 250 XS and more though

7. Member

Re: Mercury's Updated 3L "Bass" Product Line (EuropeanAM)

when i bought my 250XS ( 2008) i would love to buy a TM 1:75 , the gear change from 1:62 &gt; 1:75 cost me 15000 sek = 2150 usd
    Peter Sandstrom /// Sweden

8. Member

Re: Mercury's Updated 3L "Bass" Product Line (RobShaw1)

they build 2,5 L opti for european racers
    Peter Sandstrom /// Sweden