Question School Me On Louisiana Boat, Motor, Trailer Title Requirements

I am considering purchasing a model year '21 boat, 200hp motor and trailer package from a Louisiana private party owner.

Owner purchased the boat from a dealer in 2021 and is only aware of the existence of a title for the trailer.

From my research, I understand that Louisiana titles the outboard, trailer and hull. If this is true, I need to obtain these 3 titles with any liens satisfied for use in transferring ownership and registering the boat (outside of Louisiana).

Thanks in advance for any help here.
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

2. Member
    I am aware of a title for the boat trailer only. The boat should be registered to the Louisiana Wildlife & Fisheries Department, I am not aware of any kind of paperwork for the outboard motor. Maybe a bill of sale from the boat dealer where it was purchased.

3. Member
    I guess the main thing is what it would require to properly transfer it to Illinois. If Louisiana doesn’t meet the standard that Illinois requires, then it would probably be easier to keep shopping

4. Member
    Same. Louisiana only requires a title on the trailer and registration of boat with DWF. If Illinois requires a title for the outboard, you may just need a bill of sale for boat/motor to apply for the paperwork they require.

5. Member
    Louisiana does require a title on the motor and trailer if the value is more than 2500 or 25HP or larger. I think it started around 2008 or so.