Another Smartcraft Install Question...

I am having some difficulty locating the motor connection to install the blue cable for my sc1000 monitor. I was looking for the yellow terminator in the front end of motor and located what is pictured below: 2003 Opti 225 OT667018

I think this is what I am looking for but obviosly the terminating resistor is black not yellow.

So then this would be the term resistor?

Thanks for the help!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Re: Another Smartcraft Install Question... (bigbasser54)

The wiring plug you are holding in your hand IS your connection point for the blue data cable.

The "cap" that you removed is not actually a terminating resistor (earlier models just used a dust cap).

When you install the cable, PLEASE take note of the labels on the cable. One end is marked "Engine End"... it needs to be at the engine.

It's a real bummer when you get it in the boat, and go to hook it up, only to find it installed "backwards"....

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member

Re: Another Smartcraft Install Question... (EuropeanAM)

Got it Thanks again Don!

4. Member
    Does anyone know the part number for the terminating resistor needed for the vessel view mobile and this plug in?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeandthetomcats View Post
    Does anyone know the part number for the terminating resistor needed for the vessel view mobile and this plug in?
    Post hi-jacking is not permitted by the moderator. Please read the "Announcement" at the top of the forum page.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeandthetomcats View Post
    Please open a separate thread for your engine, and provide the Required Info. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor