250 XB Fuel Additive

I just bought a 250 XB and have heard people talk about running an additive in the fuel. Do I need to run it as well. If so what is the name, and where can I get some.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Re: 250 XB Fuel Additive (250 XB)

High test fuel- stabilize fuel with a good quality Fuel Stabilizer anytime fuel will not be "consumed and replaced with fresh fuel within 15 days".

Mercury Fuel System Treatment and Stabilizer, OR "Marine Stabil" are good choices for this.

Many owner's have had good results from running SeaFoam as well as a good stabilizer.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member

Re: 250 XB Fuel Additive (EuropeanAM)

I saw where someone was talking about running quick clean, because of something to do with the ethanol in fuel now. Do you know anything about this.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Re: 250 XB Fuel Additive (250 XB)

Quickleen will have no effect on the "ethanol in the fuel" scenario. It's purpose is strictly "carbon removal and prevention".

Marine Stabil, or Mercury Fuel System Treatment and Stabilizer, on the other hand, are both designed to help combat the adverse effects of ethanol.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member

Re: 250 XB Fuel Additive (EuropeanAM)

Thanks. I appreciate the help.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO