A HUGE thumbs up to Don Weed at European Marine!

New Years Day, I'm heading to the water to start 2009 the right way by chasing some fish and getting ready for a tourney on Saturday AM. Get to the ramp, drop the boat, tie her off and crank her up to let her warm up in the cold air.
    She fires but then cuts off? I can't figure it out, pull her out and notice some blown fuses. I tote her home since I blew all the fuses I had and get on BBC and located Don Weed (EurpoeanAM is his user ID here on BBC) and send him an IM asking if we can talk. It's New Years Day mind you and I thought I'd take a shot since I'm down and Don's always working.

He was there, we talked, he troubleshot over the phone and we decided I needed to carry her down to see him for a true diagnostic. "Boots" (Rangerman here on BBC) & I hit the road this morning early to head his way. Don figured out in no time flat that I'd blown (literally apart) an ignition coil on cyl 3 and replaced it after verifying the PCM board was thankfully OK!

All warranty work on this 07 Pro XS and the first one of these coils blow up like this one did that he's seen (he's been at this for a long time).

Bottom line is he got me up and running and took care of me so that I can fish my tourney on Saturday which is simply the best representation Mercury Motors could ever hope to have under any condition.

Don, THANK YOU so much for taking time to help me. I'm so grateful to you for making my rough 2009 fishing season start end up right on track. I was back on the water at 1:00 PM today to practice and get on some fish for the event on Saturday.

In short, simply amazing! Merc people, you'd better be glad there is a man out in the field representing you as well as this man is because it does not get any better for your company representation wise than how this all went. With guys like Don out there (as few as there are), there is no way any person can or should consider anything other than the product (regardless of what it is) that's been backed as well as this was today. Nothing is perfect, these are high powered high speed units and they break. They all do. What makes life so much easier is having people who actually do give a hoot about your satisfaction of the product that they make their life's work. No one can ask for more than that at any time. Thanks again Don!!!

Chuck D
    2300 Pathfinder HPS / 250 SHO

2. Member

Re: A HUGE thumbs up to Don Weed at European Marine! (lknbassman)

To top this story off, he took the time to mail me a part for my boat while he was at the shop working on Iknbassman's boat. Can't beat a Man like Don. Thanks so much for your help and time. Words don't seem to be enough for your work here Don, but it will have to do until we meet.

3. Member

Re: A HUGE thumbs up to Don Weed at European Marine! (lknbassman)

He is the only one that works on mine.. There isn't anyone around here that will do a third of what he does for his customers... And for the ones that aren't..