Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Just wanted your approval as it appeared to be just a higher capacity of the same battery
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    Napa 7235 has the better posts for using the recommended clamp on terminals.
    Pros and cons either way, I prefer the studs, that does no mean it better, just my opinion and I have used both
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    Just be sure to read the Napa Commercial Battery warranty carefully, at most, you get 6mos free replacement for the 7234, 7235, 7236 plus another 6mos "pro-rated". All three fall under the "all other" category in the "Limited Warranty Policy Explanation" which you can see and read here - https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBE7234#
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Just be sure to read the Napa Commercial Battery warranty carefully, at most, you get 6mos free replacement for the 7234, 7235, 7236 plus another 6mos "pro-rated". All three fall under the "all other" category in the "Limited Warranty Policy Explanation" which you can see and read here - https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBE7234#
    You are mistaken 18 months free replacement
    7. A FREE REPLACEMENT is made when the defective battery is brought in for claim:A. within 36 months of purchase date for OPTIMA Automotive batteries.B. within 24 months of purchase date for NAPA OPTIMA Marine and NAPA OPTIMA Commercial, andLEGEND PREMIUM automotive batteries.C. within 18 months of purchase date for NAPA LEGEND, NAPA Power, Group 30H, Group 31 Commercialbatteries and part numbers 9834, 9865, 9848 and 9849.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    You are mistaken 18 months free replacement
    7. A FREE REPLACEMENT is made when the defective battery is brought in for claim:A. within 36 months of purchase date for OPTIMA Automotive batteries.B. within 24 months of purchase date for NAPA OPTIMA Marine and NAPA OPTIMA Commercial, andLEGEND PREMIUM automotive batteries.C. within 18 months of purchase date for NAPA LEGEND, NAPA Power, Group 30H, Group 31 Commercialbatteries and part numbers 9834, 9865, 9848 and 9849.
    Stand corrected, I missed the "and".
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Stand corrected, I missed the "and".
    When I started gathering data, I intended to include warranty information. It was so confusing and contradictory that I finally just gave up trying to keep it straight.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    When I started gathering data, I intended to include warranty information. It was so confusing and contradictory that I finally just gave up trying to keep it straight.
    Not to mention warranties and part numbers change. I'm usually very thorough with my research but still human...
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Have to leave the consumer SOMETHING to research on their own.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Will a minn kota MK330D 10 amp charger be okay for a group 31 batteries plus x2 agm battery?

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishaholic Ty View Post
    Will a minn kota MK330D 10 amp charger be okay for a group 31 batteries plus x2 agm battery?
    IMHO... this probably is not a good setup.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

11. Member
    With the Die Hard PM1 no longer available, what would be the next choice for a cranking battery? I have a 300xs and graphs and pumps. I have checked the list on page one and it seems the Vmax XCA31-1400 would be a good choice other than local availability. There is a Walmart, Oreilies and AutoZone where I live. I have a friend that sells interstate/Optima and I can order on line for the recommended batteries. Would like to get something ordered or picked up.

12. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    With the Die Hard PM1 no longer available, what would be the next choice for a cranking battery? I have a 300xs and graphs and pumps. I have checked the list on page one and it seems the Vmax XCA31-1400 would be a good choice other than local availability. There is a Walmart, Oreilies and AutoZone where I live. I have a friend that sells interstate/Optima and I can order on line for the recommended batteries. Would like to get something ordered or picked up.
    There is a Batteries Plus in Las Cruces where you can get the X2 Power 31.

Small world department, I had a cousin who was a priest for a long time in Truth or Consequences.
    nothing else matters.​

I’ve had good luck with and can recommend the Northstar 31 series AGM. It has more reserve capacity than the vmax, also. I just imagine all these large AGMs a kinda pricey. I like not having to worry about them, though. Service wise.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

14. Member
    This is a pretty small world, it just amazes me how many strangers have common friends and have lived in a close proximity. Thanks for the info on Batteries Plus.
    There is a Batteries Plus in Las Cruces where you can get the X2 Power 31.

Small world department, I had a cousin who was a priest for a long time in Truth or Consequences.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apdriver View Post
    I’ve had good luck with and can recommend the Northstar 31 series AGM.
    This is what I replaced my PM-1 with, excellent battery too!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

16. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apdriver View Post
    I’ve had good luck with and can recommend the Northstar 31 series AGM. It has more reserve capacity than the vmax, also. I just imagine all these large AGMs a kinda pricey. I like not having to worry about them, though. Service wise.
    The X2 from Batteries Plus is the same battery. Just the one that is available fairly locally to him.
    nothing else matters.​

17. Member
    I ordered the X2 Group 31 from Batteries Plus this morning. It has to come from their warehouse and takes a week. There is also a 10% discount.

18. Member
    I ordered the X2 Group 31 from Batteries Plus online and it was ready for pickup the next day. I received 10% online discount and received it via curbside pickup. Very smooth transaction. Thanks for the thread made research and shopping very easy!

They did give me a pack of Deka Terminal Protectors for free. I am going to order some terminal clamps. Are these terminal protectors worth using to minimize corrosion?

One last question (ha), is it recommended to put terminal clamps on your TM batteries as well?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Bradd; 11-22-2020 at 09:13 AM.

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradd View Post

One last question (ha), is it recommended to put terminal clamps on your TM batteries as well?

Thanks in advance!
    That is overkill, IMHO. Amperage draw is considerably less on that setup.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    That is overkill, IMHO. Amperage draw is considerably less on that setup.
    Great! Thanks!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast