Thread: Opinions Wanted

Opinions Wanted

Here's my situation i'm looking at purchasing a boat its a 1978 Skeeter with a tri-hull. The boat has no electronics or trolling motor it does have a 115 Evinrude (owner says does run) and a trailer with new tires. Boat does need some carpet work everything else is in good shape says the owner. I have not looked at the boat in person to check over anything just seen a few pics. The guy is asking 1,000. My thoughts ....... I have a few electronics I could add and a trolling motor so maybe I could do some fix-up and keep it as my own or try to re-sell next spring for more $$. Whats everyones thoughts ??

2. Moderator

Re: Opinions Wanted (SKUCIUS)

I think that it depends on your money situation. I am the type, I like new stuff. Doens't have to be brand new, but not stuff that's older that me.
    Seriously, If your on a budget and the motor checks out, then go for it. Never knew of a boat that catches the fish.

3. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted (SKUCIUS)

Seems steep for a Tri Hull boat that old. You're going to put a lot of sweat and money in to it to get it ready to sell, or use for yourself but is the market ripe for a tri hull? If I were in the market for a project boat, I think I would look for something more along the traditional semi V pad hull bass boat. If you can get it for $500 it may be worth it, but I think you may be stuck with something that wont sell. RJ is right though... The boat does not make the fisherman.

Re: Opinions Wanted (Hydrilla Gorilla)

that does sound a little high I would make sure teh motor checks out
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!