2006 Mercury 250XS Serial Number 1E001830 Fuel tank set up?

Was in the middle of sitting on my new boat and had to stop for a couple month. Have a brand new GPS Garmin 943xsv and a 100 gallon fuel tank. When I was setting it up I put it as a 100 gallon tank. However, no matter what I did I could not put more than 92 gallons in tank. I don’t have an issue with the 92 gallons. My question is, should I enter the tank as a 92 gallon tank so that my numbers are accurate. Using a Smart Craft connect and also a SC1000 through a junction box.
    TIA Tom

Was the tank completely empty? I would set it at least 5 gallons lower than its true capacity, Keep in mind even though it was new some was probably in there to run and setup the new motor
    Smart Craft calculates fuel with the PCM, it knows exactly how much fuel has flowed thru the injectors. If the pitot/tank harness has been installed the sending unit will report fuel level after calibration has been performed. I would have to read the cal process again as a reminder. I will say mine is dead nut accurate.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    +1 allow for reserve ^^^^^^ , they are very accurate
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +2

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor