Thread: Nitros.....

Nitros.....

I'm just curious. I don't have any intentions of buying a Nitro, but what in the world is so bad about these new Z-9's anyway? They may be overpriced, not unlike all other new rigs, but the guys just rip 'em to shreds in the Lounge and I'm not sure that's warranted or not. Rollo31, who works I think for Bass Pro making their pleasure craft line of boats, tells me they are starting to make a pretty decent rig. What are your guys' opinions?

2. BBC SPONSOR

Re: Nitros..... (Jiggernaut)

i thought rollo worked for procraft...may be wrong..he swears by them
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

3. Member

Re: Nitros..... (Bassman25)

I think he's got a Pro Craft boat deal, but I'm pretty sure he said he manages the plant that makes the pleasure boats for bass pro. What are they, Tahoes or something like that?

4. BBC SPONSOR

that is probably true...all i know is he has one bad boat...that thing is purdy...he's a top notch dude too
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

5. Member

Re: Nitros..... (Bassman25)

Have seen one and drove one. Nice boat albeit very pricey. I'm not going to bash anybody's boat. I think alot of the bashing comes from jealousy and embarassment from a Nitro that may or may not be faster than what some are running now. If I was going to fork out the money that they are asking for a Z-9 there are other brands I would rather have. They have alot of neat features. Don't beat me up about this! You asked, I replied.

6. Member

My only experience with them is the 1990 175 Nitro that I bought brand new and kept for 7 years. Now I know that the first run Nitros are a world apart from the new ones, but the one I had ended up with stress cracks at the consoles and I think that was the biggest issue I had. Minor things like a latch breaking or livewell pumps going out. I did have an odd plug that leaked excessively. Traded it on a Stratos that wasn't too bad, traded that on a Ranger 518 and am now in the Z21.

I saw a few of them this past week, several of the pros were running the Z9.
    There speed was impressive for a Nitro.
    Z521 Ranger - 250 Pro XS
    374V Ranger - 175 Merc Black Max

Rollo works for Tracker marine who owns Pro Craft and Nitro
    his Team deal is with Pro Craft

9. Moderator

Re: Nitros..... (Luke)

I always thought as them as a cheesy boat, but I never bashed them. Some people make work their whole lives for a chance to own one. Like Brad said, for the money, I'd go with another brand though. Like a Champ, Ranger, etc....

10. Member

Up until the introduction of the 482 and 591 they have not been much of a "Benchmark" to set by........personally.....for years I beleive that Ranger WAS that Benchmark..........anymore I think Competiion has been the best for ALL boat compaies to improove on.........Sure you have your ranger, Triton, Champion, Basscat.......and list goes on......faithful that LOVE there boat.....non of us are any exception.......but when someon else comes along and revolutionizes the industry with a new "standard"........some become scared and question why they bought x-brand boat because they could have gotten the other one..........Every boat has its in's and outs.........and until we only have about 3 choices to make it will be very diverse in the Bass Boating world....................Personally like it.....because it makes everyone else try and follow

Would I OWN a Z-9.....sure

Would I pay $45k for one.....hell no.....dont have the $$ to afford it anyway noe matter WHO makes it.

Personally.....I've looked at the 482 and the 591.....they look cool from the trailre view but once your standing on them and looking at storage and lay-out.......I'm not all with them .......Have yet to "look" at a Z-9 but have been very impressed with the way that Nitro has Marketed them thus far........aside from there "Recall".........I havnt seen any other company "call-back" boats because of a defect as of yet

11. Member

Re: Nitros..... (tritonryan)

I looked the Z-9 over a lot at the KC boat show this past winter and I have to say to the eye they can compete with any other brand, very nice looking boat. Now what shape it is in after a year of abuse could be another story

I'd guess most guys give them a hard time because of Nitro's past. Its like if Kia came out with a top of the line truck and wanted 45k for it, no matter how good it may be everyone will still choose the chevy becuase of their track record.

Re: Nitros..... (cgs2004)

The crap the Z9 is catching in the lounge, and in general, is from Vandam's problem at the Delta. I guess part of the hull peeled off and his boat ended up sinking right buy the ramp as he was trying to get it loaded. Nitro then did a recall on a certain number of them.
    That what I've seen. How much is true?
    Paul Allsup - Grand Lake
    04\' 519svx w/04\' 200 Opti

13. Member

Re: Nitros..... (Allsup)

Does anyone think that the best bass fishing machine in the world (KVD) would run something he wasn't comfortable/confident in? The man could have any boat deal with any company for whatever amount of money any day of the week and he is still with Nitro??

14. Member

Re: Nitros..... (TimS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TimS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone think that the best bass fishing machine in the world (KVD) would run something he wasn't comfortable/confident in? The man could have any boat deal with any company for whatever amount of money any day of the week and he is still with Nitro?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

You said it already................Whomever pays the biggest amount for him................PLus I think KVD's pretty damn loyal to Nitro/tracker/BPS because they were taking care of him even when he was in a slump........they also helped him out when his Wife was in Hospital too if I remember correctly........if any company took car eof me that way......i think I know where my Loyalty would be at too

Bu ya never know about the $$ thing either Why take the chance at the HOTTEST angler on tour and is the most recomgnized in the world.......well next to Ike but thats another thread

15. Member

Re: Nitros..... (Luke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rollo works for Tracker marine who owns Pro Craft and Nitro
    his Team deal is with Pro Craft </TD></TR></TABLE>

I knew it was something like that. If I remember right, he said they have made a lot of improvements in their manufacturing process and he felt like they were making a very competitive boat now.