Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Local feedback on this prototype please?

Hi Guys,

I have been working with this new style for subtle deck lighting designed to be out of your eyes make dimming unnecessary. They actually throw plenty of light out to keep you from stepping on something and knowing where you are in relation with the gunnel.

My question is, do you like the look of it? It is going to be powdercoated black and it is designed to screw in behind your rod buckle(for those with rod buckles) so you need not drill for wiring.

I will be doing an instructional video on how to wire them up, at that time you can see them lit up.

2. Moderator

Re: Local feedback on this prototype please? (Mike Daleo)

Wow....almost didn't see it in the picture. Question, some people release there rod buckles to go back to position. Will the light be damaged if this is done? If not it looks like an excellent position. Just a thought.

Re: Local feedback on this prototype please? (Heffer11)

Bob, I thought the same thing so I have tried to beat this thing to death and it stands up well. I have also released this rod buckle several times in order to get the right angle and I can no longer get the buckle to kit the light.

4. Member

And how will that match up with those that already have strip lighting on the decks?
    Looks like it might be a fine product for those that do not want to mess with the strip lighting/dimming.
    Will it throw enough light to find things on the deck?
    Whats the light beam pattern, say in horizontal width- 30,40,60 %?

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

Great Idea.

I like the compact style and I assume that the wires go behind it and into the buckle?

Eddie Goode
    FISHING FOR KIDS
    President
    Cell# 502-541-1918
    945 St. Francis Road
    St. Francis, KY. 40062
    egoode@fishingforkids.net
    http://www.fishingforkids.net

6. Banned

Looks pretty good.

I would like to see the left and right end caps either be clear or flared out more so as to get some light going towards the front and rear.

Re: Local feedback on this prototype please? (EdDavisKY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EdDavisKY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And how will that match up with those that already have strip lighting on the decks?
    Looks like it might be a fine product for those that do not want to mess with the strip lighting/dimming.
    Will it throw enough light to find things on the deck?
    Whats the light beam pattern, say in horizontal width- 30,40,60 %?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ed, This is for the guys out there who refuse to add deck lighting to their boat in the current configuration, of which there are many. I am trying to come up with a product that the majority would want. That being said, the current deck lights are going to stay in my product catalog.

I get a ton of feedback from guys saying they wish there was something that would not shine in your face, that looks like a fixture that belongs on the boat, and that looked really good in the daytime when not in use.

I like the current deck lights, I think they look great and we have only improved them, but I have to listen when people give me their thoughts.

Re: Local feedback on this prototype please? (fishing4kids)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fishing4kids &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great Idea.

I like the compact style and I assume that the wires go behind it and into the buckle?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wires are fed straight into the rod buckle cavity.

Re: Local feedback on this prototype please? (artcarney_agr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by artcarney_agr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks pretty good.

I would like to see the left and right end caps either be clear or flared out more so as to get some light going towards the front and rear.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The lights themselves are actually close to flush with the edges of the powdercoated bracket so light is broader than you would imagine.

10. Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mike Daleo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ed, This is for the guys out there who refuse to add deck lighting to their boat in the current configuration, of which there are many. I am trying to come up with a product that the majority would want. That being said, the current deck lights are going to stay in my product catalog.

I get a ton of feedback from guys saying they wish there was something that would not shine in your face, that looks like a fixture that belongs on the boat, and that looked really good in the daytime when not in use.

I like the current deck lights, I think they look great and we have only improved them, but I have to listen when people give me their thoughts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I fit this category! I haven't added deck lights for exact reasons mentioned above.

This new item will definitely be on my list of stuff to get!

Good job Mike!

Re: Local feedback on this prototype please? (artcarney_agr)

Scott, I am glad to hear you say that. I think there are lot more guys like you out there and I want to have a good product to fit your needs and tastes too.

12. Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mike Daleo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I like the current deck lights, I think they look great and we have only improved them, but I have to listen when people give me their thoughts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

In that case Mike, Looks like you got another winner in my book

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

Re: Local feedback on this prototype please? (EdDavisKY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EdDavisKY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

In that case Mike, Looks like you got another winner in my book

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think we go both ways too Ed. Something for different tastes.

14. Member

I think we go both ways too Ed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't resist!

I like it Mike!

Re: Local feedback on this prototype please? (Alliston64)

Good catch!

16. Member

Dam not safe to say anything in here anymore without it be analogized to death

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

17. Member

Looks good Mike!!

18. Member

Looks good to me...like others I have not installed deck lighting..just inside rod boxes, storage boxes and under the console. This product would be one I would purchase.

19. Banned

Re: Local feedback on this prototype please? (TritonMo)

great idea, if everything works out this week mike with the boat, you'll be seeing me this spring for a little update on the ranger.

Re: Local feedback on this prototype please? (jseasor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jseasor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">great idea, if everything works out this week mike with the boat, you'll be seeing me this spring for a little update on the ranger. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Looking forward to it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast