This weekend on Barren

Anybody going to Barren River this weekend look out. Was in Glasgow this afternoon and looks like the Ohio Navy has evaded. Boats all over the place heading for the lake.
    Going to be a real zoo on the water, as well as hot. Heat index for today and for Sat. is supposed to be 105 which could lead to short tempers.

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

2. Member

Re: This weekend on Barren (EdDavisKY)

ed, it was crazy out today. lots of people fishing, but i dont think most were locals because of where they were fishing at. however, what ticks me off is the wake board boats that see a guy fishing and have lots of water to play in, yet they want to get within a few yards pulling a tube or skis and get a kick out of seeing fishermen have to fight the wake they make. i wish they would just make the area under the 31e bridge all the way to fish trap a ski wakeboard area so you wouldnt have them all over the lake. just my 2 cents.

yea it was bad I put in at walnut creek and ended up going up the river but it turned out the best because we caught fish and got to stay in the shade but it was still hot.

4. Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EdDavisKY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> looks like the Ohio Navy has invaded. . </TD></TR></TABLE>

They have set up camp @ Herrington too

5. Member

Re: This weekend on Barren (KY 374V)

Should be fun in the BFL.Were leavin thursday mornin,hopefully there wont be too many idiots

6. Member

Re: This weekend on Barren (BoozaBug)

You'ra late for BFL practice!! I took some kids from church camping after services Sunday. Yesterday morning the lake was already craawling with BFL guys. In fact, one of them must have found the fish on a spot I have fished for years because when I sat down 100 yards or so away to idle in, this clown runs between me and the bank right over the drop. Y'all ought to have a great time -

7. Member

Re: This weekend on Barren (fomkydirector)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fomkydirector &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You'ra late for BFL practice!! I took some kids from church camping after services Sunday. Yesterday morning the lake was already craawling with BFL guys. In fact, one of them must have found the fish on a spot I have fished for years because when I sat down 100 yards or so away to idle in, this clown runs between me and the bank right over the drop. Y'all ought to have a great time - </TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly why I have not been on Barren as of yet this yr.
    Waiting for July then will start launching at midnight during the week. Just me and the bats then Especially now that I have my boat rigged with a lot of Blue Water LED's
    Hopefully in July there will be a lot less pop up thunderstorms as well, almost every day last week, and some strong ones rolled threw yesterday morning and afternoon.

2011-721ProXp/250SHO