Banned

Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show

Ok guys and gals, we're thinking about setting up at one of these shows and want to know which one is a better show? Which one do you prefer and which do you think we would do better at?

Thanks,
    Charlie

2. Banned

Re: Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show (TR21Bassin)

I think I'd skip the Louisville Boat Show...went last year and was very disappointed.

Never been to the Strader Show...

Might be better off headin' west to the KY Lake area where there's no shortage of bass anglers and hitting up a show there.

The Murray Boat Show is one I attend annually. It usually always has a good turnout and attracts more of the people you wish to do business with.

3. Kentucky Bass Club/ IN/KY Rally Moderator

Re: Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show (artcarney_agr)

Charlie the Strader show for sure. Louisville boat show is for boats. Go to both every year and think the Strader would be better. Plus its only 3 days vs 8 or 9 at the Boat Show.

Re: Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show (Joe Skeeter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Joe Skeeter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Charlie the Strader show for sure. Louisville boat show is for boats. Go to both every year and think the Strader would be better. Plus its only 3 days vs 8 or 9 at the Boat Show.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ditto... Strader Show for sure!

5. Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by artcarney_agr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I'd skip the Louisville Boat Show...went last year and was very disappointed.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

6. Banned

Re: Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show (mastin03)

We started doing the Murray show last year with The Cabin and Dave Stewart. Just looking to expand.

Thanks for everyones input, always looking for more.

Charlie

7. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TR21Bassin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We started doing the Murray show last year with The Cabin and Dave Stewart. Just looking to expand.

Charlie</TD></TR></TABLE>
    Yep, I seem to remember leaving some of my money in exchange for some of your baits.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

8. Member

Re: Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show (Roddy)

The "Boat Show" wreaks.....one big commercial. Total waste of time..Unless you are buying a new boat, rv, tent, $2.00 sun glasses, a rag that absorbs you bathtub, gold chain...BY THE FOOT....knives that will cut through BuzzKings head and still slice an extra ripe grape, purple spray crap that cleans EVERYTHING, German roasted nuts, some kind of exotic jerky...HOWEVER...THEY DO SELL BEER....SWEET ICE COLD BEER.....................Strader sho fo sho!

9. Banned

Re: Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show (howlingwolf)

Yeah Roddy if I remember right you were at the Murray show everyday. Just couldn't get enough of our baits and Dave's seminars.

Charlie

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar

I have been to the Louisville boat for the for last 8-10 years. I was never impressed with the tackle selection but last year was a real disappointment...I think I had a bigger selection in my boat than what they had at the boat show.

I have never been to the Jim Strader show. This year I will skip the Louisville boat show and go to the Strader show.

11. Member

Re: Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show (JR19)

OK guys am lost, never heard of the Strader Show.
    Where is it, and when?

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

12. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar

Re: Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show (EdDavisKY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EdDavisKY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK guys am lost, never heard of the Strader Show.
    Where is it, and when?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have never been to the Jim Strader Hunting and Fishing Expo. I have always heard it was a good show with more hunting than fishing but still a good show?

Louisville, Ky Feb 6-8 2009

Here is a link http://www.jimstrader.com/

13. Banned

Re: Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show (howlingwolf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by howlingwolf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The "Boat Show" wreaks.....one big commercial. Total waste of time..Unless you are buying a new boat, rv, tent, $2.00 sun glasses, a rag that absorbs you bathtub, gold chain...BY THE FOOT....knives that will cut through BuzzKings head and still slice an extra ripe grape, purple spray crap that cleans EVERYTHING, German roasted nuts, some kind of exotic jerky...HOWEVER...THEY DO SELL BEER....SWEET ICE COLD BEER.....................Strader sho fo sho! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, you forgot about the guy with his magic hooks....you know, "Fishing in 4-wheel Drive"

Anyone else get cornered by that guy last year???

14. Member

Re: Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show (JR19)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JR19 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have never been to the Jim Strader Hunting and Fishing Expo. I have always heard it was a good show with more hunting than fishing but still a good show?

Louisville, Ky Feb 6-8 2009

Here is a link http://www.jimstrader.com/</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks JR ; guess I will bypass that one

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

15. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TR21Bassin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah Roddy if I remember right you were at the Murray show everyday. Just couldn't get enough of our baits and Dave's seminars.

Charlie</TD></TR></TABLE>
    There is not much to do in Murray when it's cold.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

16. Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by artcarney_agr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dude, you forgot about the guy with his magic hooks....you know, "Fishing in 4-wheel Drive"

Anyone else get cornered by that guy last year??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I forgot all about that guy!! kept dragging the hook across his hand and a little spindley branch with his "super duper never get hung up again hook guards" to show you how amazing they were

17. Member

Re: Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show (mastin03)

see im different t i think the strader show is a ripoff plus its downtown and my truck doesnt fit in the parking garages It just seems to me if your actually looking at the booths the same things are at the boat show.Other then a handful of the smaller hunting lodges and such.Plus its more of a local show since the big crowd goes to the boat show .Plus since there wasnt a ton of tackle booths this guy might have the marker a lil cornered at the boat show,But guess it might actually come down to cost of table or booth space in that case im sure strader is the cheaper ride

18. Member

Re: Louisville Boat Show or Strader Show (Roddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Roddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
    There is not much to do in Murray when it's cold. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Roddy, if you get bored i will meet you at the Big Apple for a bean role some afternoon, maybe we can get old LM to come by also. Thats as close to a Hooters as we have in Murray