Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Official "Thank You" Post

I just wanted to thank all the guys that showed up at the rally. I will post tourney results this evening, but I also wanted to let you know that we raised $835 for the island and that will make a difference in some kid's lives. You guys did a good deed that I am very proud of.

Also, you guys treated the place like it was home and Buck and I appreciate the fact that we left it cleaner than when we arrived.

Looking forward to the next one!

2. Member

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (mikedaleo)

I would like to thank mike and buck for a great rally and all the guys I had a great time cant wait for the next one

PS thanks to Plapps and Dicks for the gift certs

3. Kentucky Bass Club/ IN/KY Rally Moderator

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (BradJFD)

Thanks to Buck and Mike for organizing everthing and getting our accomodations. Thanks to the sponsors Dicks Sporting Goods, Plapps Pro Outdoors great to have sponsors like these guys. Most of all thanks to the paticipants and the donations to Trooper Island. That money, like Mike said will change some kids life.

4. Member

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (Joe Skeeter)

Big thinks to Mike and Buck for putting this thing together. Thanks to Dicks sporting goods and Plapps for being grate sponsors. As always it was a blast Its grate to see old friend and make some new ones. Guys that's an awesome job with the donations.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

5. Member

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (A.J.)

Thanks need to also go to the big winner's Brad Squared!! They spent a good portion of Friday night cleaning up the kitchen even though none of it was there mess.

http://www.billymarlin.net
    \"If at first you don\'t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn\'t for you!\"

6. Member

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (fishingmarlin)

Once again great trip. Great job guys on donating. We even had guys donating their poker winnings back to the island. Made my 5 poker losses feel worth it. And I saw Daleo with a bunch more crank baits for our raffle as well.

Great bunch of guys we have here no doubt.

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (Sticks11)

Very good turnout everyone was gracious and just a joy to be around. I hope all had a good time, I know that this was my partner's Bo Smith's first trip fishing for smallmouth and he had an absolute blast. He was very impressed with the group of guys that we have. He can't quit talking about it... that is what trips like this are about!

For everyone who attended-

8. Member

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (JC25)

Hey guys, I had a GREAT time! Thanks to all who attended, and made it a great time. My hat's off to Buck and Mike D. for all the planning and hard work involved, you guys rock! Thanks to Matt at Plapps Pro Outdoors and Jerry at Dicks Sporting Goods for the Gift Certificates - they are greatly appreciated! Thanks to Jeff - for dinner Friday night.

And (my last bit of smacktalk) Thanks to EVERYONE for not catching as many fish as we did!!!

In all sincerity, We had a great time, and are looking forward to the next one!

9. Member

Thanks to everyone who helped put this event on. It is getting bigger and better every time I attend. Thanks again to Mike and Buck whom do a gr8 job.
    When is the next mini?

10. Member

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (fishinbrad)

Yes, hats off to buck and daleo for a great weekend. And thanks for the poker donations (my last bit of smack talking). What a great weekend, Im ready to go back tom.

Art Carney - Licking the mops at Porcini's since 2009.

Great Rally!! Thanks again to Mike and Buck for what they did and thanks to all who attended. I would also like to say congrats again to Brad & Brad for going back to back. Also besides cleaning the kitchen the dynamic fishing catching duo of Brad & Brad also cooked breakfast Saturday morning!! That was truly a class act!

$835 dollars for the island!! That is fantastic.....makes you feel good about being part of a group of guys who:

1. Are willing to dig into their pockets and support a Very worthy cause.
    2. Love to fish and love competition but never seem to lose sight of the fact that we are there to fish for fun.....not the BASS Masters Classic.
    3. Are willing to share information including baits and spots with anyone else. In fact if your not catching fish....the guys that are seem to want to help you to.
    4. Are from all different walks of life, but respect each and everyone no matter what boat they have or don't have, whether they caught fish or didn't catch fish, no matter their age, income and what they do for a living, etc., etc.
    5. Are willing to let me win a hand or two of poker!!
    6. Who are genuinely a good group of men who would help another out in any way if needed and they could.

Ok, I know this is perhaps a little on the "Touchy Feelly" side, but it is a great group of guys and what fishing in a club should be about. Fun, learning, friendship and doing something good for others.

We have something great going on here and I am proud to be a part of it!

It was a great time and if you missed this one, plan on being at the next one!

Thanks to Buck and Mike for a really great weekend. Can't say more than has already been said, except that I really enjoyed it ...

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (Crawfish)

Thanks to everybody that made it happen! Looking forward to doing it again! It's great to be able to help the kids!

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (Daniel)

Awesome job guys!!!

15. Member

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (Daniel)

Thanks for putting everything together... it was a great time... look forward to the next time!

Joe Maione - Jeffersonville, IN

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (coachjoe)

Thanks Mike and Buck for all your hard work you have done on this rally. Sure was nice to see all old friends and make new ones. I am ready to do it all agin sometime.

17. Member

Unreal....let me just say that besides a company tourney or somebody simply cutting one big check, I have never heard of a donation like that from folks just down to fish. I for one am impressed and I KNOW the folks who run the island will be very thankful. I could not even force that wad of cash in the little slot on top of the donation box! Since the island is 100% donations that kind of money goes a long way. Thank you to EVERYBODY who came down to fish for nothing but plaques (and bragging rights) and still burned some cash. Alot of you gave some extra and most of the guys who won the poker games that I donated to gave the winnings back in donation too. The crankbaits were flying in for the raffle boxes and judging by the baits you guys are donating I gotta believe that is going to be huge.

Secondly, I cannot express how appreciative I am of how you guys took care of the island. It is not the Hilton but you all treated it like it was. Guys were cleaning up messes they did not make and picking up after each other. Mike and I came in an hour early on Sunday to get a jump on the cleanup only to find that it was all done. (For the first time in 8 years of taking folks to island I did not find one "forgotten" beverage container). Everytime a group, big or small, of BBC folks has gone to the island it has been well taken care of and this time was the best. This is my only concern and you all took the worry out of it and I thank you.

Third....Brad squared (<----still a dumb name ) can no longer be called "team fluke". Back to back wins is unbelievable...especially coming from a a couple Hoosier river rats. Great job on the win and I was more impressed with your "free giving" atitudes about how you caught em to those of us who suck. (me) I am pretty sure I will talk some more stuff prior to the next event but you will never hear me call you flukes again....well....to your face. Daniel, Mike, Doc and Hambone...great job to you boys too and Kyle and Drew brought in a bruiser too all be it 45 minutes late. Handful of 21+ inch smallies is great and man were they pretty. I have only caught two over in MY LIFE but I love to see em. I would love to know how many smallies over 18" we caught this weekend. There was even a big LM or two caught.

Loved meeting you new guys....has to be tough to show up for the first time with our group of regulars but we warned you. Glad to see our group growing with such good people. I actually liked seeing SOME of the regulars again.

I am sure I will hear from the folks at the island and I will pass it on. I will also check on the dates we can get back down there so you all can decide and I can get it booked.

Also want to thank Mike D. for work he does on these things.

I am simply astonished that the jet and/or the cruiser did not come into play this weekend and let me say.........sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Maybe next time I can be more competition in poker and fishing for you guys. I KNOW I could eat a pizza eating contest but my little diet would be crushed.

Hey Cassell...I've got some runny poached eggs for you if you are interested. .....glad you got to feeling better.

Sorry to hear about some of the boat trouble that a couple guys had. Give Joe and Jason a roll of duct tape and some WD-40 and they can fix about anything.

Thanks again!

Buck

Modified by Rippinlip at 10:16 AM 11/21/2006

18. Member

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (Rippinlip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rippinlip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> . Alot of you gave some extra and most of the guys who won the poker games that I donated to gave the winnings back in donation too.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not the college kids, they gotta eat this week...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rippinlip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> great job to you boys too and Kyle and Drew brought in a bruiser too all be it 45 minutes late.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

And maybe buy a watch

Art Carney - Licking the mops at Porcini's since 2009.

19. Member

Re: Official "Thank You" Post (buzzking2001)

20. Banned

Wish we could have made it

Mike,
    Thanks for your hard work in putting on this tournament. I wish we could have made it. I'm sure we will be at many more of these BBC Triton tournys in the future and hopefully host one up here. You can count Plapp's as a sponsor for every one.

Thanks
    Matt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast