Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Okay, I never ask for advice, but.........

I have made the decision to get rid of the dog. That decision is not going to change, but here is a situation that is really pissing me off, and I have a tendency to go overboard with the angry thing, so help me out here.

Neighbor asks to talk with me the other night when I got home from the Riverbats game. I don't particularly care for my neighbors, but I am not wild about many people, so maybe it is me. Anyway, he is mad because a dog, some dog, has pissed next to his mailbox and there is a yellow spot. It is assumed that it is my dog. It wasn't my dog, but it is assumed so in his mind that is the fact. He says he spends alot of money on his yard and this just gets to him and he tells me like a man so I tell him that I appreciate him not being a big [edit] about it and actually approaching me.

FYI, same neighbor had a jack russel terrier that was legally insane that used to piss in my yard, they now have a greyhound with low self esteem that craps in my other neighbors yard. This is the same neighbor that borrowed $350 from me and it took 3 years to pay it back. This is the kind of person I am dealing with.

So, I have a neighbor across the street that I do like. He is an ex-marine, a good guy with young kids and he has no visible mental defects. He comes over tonite and I start to tell him about the conversation I had with numbnuts, and he cuts me off and says "yeah I know." He tells me that he showed him the yellow spot in his precious grass and that the neighbor behind us was going to buy a pellet gun specifically for my dog incase in pissed in her yard. It has never set foot in her yard, NEVER. If someone even misses my dog with a pellet gun I will hand them their nuts on a plate.

About that neighbor, this guy has a tractor trailer he parks in front of his house and sometimes works on in the street for days. He also has cars that he races that he will rev up at midnight. do I ever complain, to myself and my wife yes, but out loud I keep the white trash talk to a minimum.

Now I am mad at the neighborhood and I don't like the feeling. I want to come home and see someone and not immediately want to run over and take a swing. Or when they ask me how I am doing even though I know they don't care, I don't want to say " f off", ya know?

What would you guys do, and I mean seriously. Obviously, if I were Joe or Buck I would be going to jail, but with a smile on my face.

Re: Okay, I never ask for advice, but......... (mikedaleo)

Mike have you considered invisible fencing?? It is inexpensive and it works. My 3 Goldens have NEVER got out of our yard....in either house. Just a thought.

In regards to your neighbors, I think I would approach the one with the pellet gun before anything happens. I think I would say it is probably just a rumor, but that you heard that he had a pellet gun and he was planning on using it on my dog. I would wait for their reaction and basically let them know that could be a very big mistake. I am not sure about your city ordinances etc., but I would probably let the police know about the threat and let the neighbor know that I had mentioned this to the police.

Last resort, I would consider moving. Sounds like you need a little space between neighbors!

Re: Okay, I never ask for advice, but......... (Passion 4 Bassin)

D-A-L-E-O, I am italian, I hold grudges. Your advice is good. Did I mention that the neighbors with the pellet gun have been here for three 4 years with us and we have never spoken a word to eachother?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikedaleo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">D-A-L-E-O, I am italian, I hold grudges. Your advice is good. Did I mention that the neighbors with the pellet gun have been here for three 4 years with us and we have never spoken a word to eachother?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, it sounds like you need some REAL help!! Please write in care of Dr. Phil @

oops. three or four years.

6. Banned

i take it that the neighborhood group hugs haven't been working out then ??

7. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar

Re: Okay, I never ask for advice, but......... (cowtrimmer)

I have some semi automatic weapons. Oh, I forgot about you wanting to stay out of jail.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Re: Okay, I never ask for advice, but......... (Roddyrude)

These turds are just mad because they have miserable lives and they want me to be miserable too. Thay should have taken up bass fishing long ago. Seriously, when you mention fishing to someone and they don't seem to care, do you really think you can ever truly be friends

Mike, you're a better man than that guy. Don't loose you're cool. I know you considered moving because of construction. Is that still an option?

10. Member

Re: Okay, I never ask for advice, but......... (Daniel)

I would consider a move and piss on the neighbors! And keep the dog, I could never get rid of my lil lab unless I absolutely had to, it would tear me up!

11. Member

Re: Okay, I never ask for advice, but......... (Stratos201basser)

Mike...need an ex marine to do a recon on the neighbors that way you stay out of jail and they will not know I was even there
    Sounds like you have the same problems we did before we moved from Florence, Ky...only our dogs had been shot with a BB gun ANd our yard was FENCED with chain link.
    You need to seriously think about moving!!!! All this is going to do is MAKE YOUR LIFE miserable. And agree with Daniel and John on the invisable fence. Second thought ask your across the street neigbor if would be interested in a team recon

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

12. Member

Re: Okay, I never ask for advice, but......... (EdDavisKY)

Hey Mike...isn't dog piss fertilizer anyway? Maybe you should send him a bill!!!

Or how about I go take a piss on that guys lawn to see how he reacts or maybe even better I'll bring Hailey over for a walk and let her drop about a 2' long basset hound turd in his lawn??? She takes about 3 minutes to work one out so I'd love to see him have to sit through that...now tell me that would not be friggin' awesome!!!

Seriously, I think that he is being hypersensitive about it and somebody may have just crapped in his wheaties today. I think you should thank him for approaching you about it, compliment him on his lawn, and tell him you will try to keep an eye on your dog but that you are pretty sure your lab isn't doing it, then let it go. I say kill him with kindness and don't worry about it after that. I'll bet you are worrying about it a whole lot more than he is right now and a little dog piss isn't something to move over.

Now the pellet gun thing is a different story. I would consider approaching that person about the "rumor" and just tell them flat out that you are concerned about what you've heard around the neighborhood...then shut up and let them talk until they stick their foot in their mouth. A little uncomfortable silence goes a long, long way toward letting a person know how you feel about something and usually the person will talk themself right into a corner if you just let them blab.

FYI: If somebody shot my dog I'd be a hard guy to control though.

Doc

Dan Brinegar
    Skeeter zx250
    250 HPDI

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Passion 4 Bassin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mike have you considered invisible fencing?? It is inexpensive and it works. My 3 Goldens have NEVER got out of our yard....in either house. Just a thought.

In regards to your neighbors, I think I would approach the one with the pellet gun before anything happens. I think I would say it is probably just a rumor, but that you heard that he had a pellet gun and he was planning on using it on my dog. I would wait for their reaction and basically let them know that could be a very big mistake. I am not sure about your city ordinances etc., but I would probably let the police know about the threat and let the neighbor know that I had mentioned this to the police.

Last resort, I would consider moving. Sounds like you need a little space between neighbors!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Great advice John! I would definitely foil his plan by approaching him in that manner! It's probably only hear say any way... a bunch of hot air.

Though one time in far away land I too had a similar situation with a neighbors.

I had an ol'Akita named "Stubby" this dog was a pretty tough character and took a liken to a few hounds around those parts. He pretty much ruled the roost in our area, who could blame him he was a stud. He got around the neighbor's house one day and long story short the coon hunter shot the poor fellow in the left eye with a .22 cal. He miraculously made his way home and survived, but lost his eye. After that he made it his mission to woop every coon hound within miles.

Sorry Mike... I know its not a similar situation, just made me recall an old memory! Have one of these and forgetaboutit!

14. Member

I would probably ask the guy about the pellet gun thing and then see what he says. Most people like that are not good at direct confrontation.

Then if he does have the balls to say yeah he was gonna shoot the dog it might change to this tactic. I would then inform him that someone pointing any weapon in the direction of my home or family (dog included) would subject himself to return fire from my assault rifle. Under Kentuckys new law that would certainly be justifiable since we are no longer required to retreat from a threat. Let him mull that over.

BTW if the guy doesnt like that little yellow circle how would he like "Go f**k youself" spelled out in his yard with Lasso herbicide? That tactic works well too....

Victory is the only end that justifies the sacrifice of men at war.

Col. Robert W. Black

15. Member

ROAD TRIP TO JEFF!!!!

Buck

Re: Okay, I never ask for advice, but......... (Rippinlip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rippinlip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ROAD TRIP TO JEFF!!!!

Buck</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can see the gleam in Buck's eyes from here! No doubt that situation handled!

At the very least you have all made me feel much better with your replies. I have wanted to move for a long time but I dlon't see that happening.

I would love to see a Bassett Hound taking a 2 minute crap in there yard, that would be priceless.

We do need to have one of those BBC meeting at my house, I will grill out and provide the beer, and you guy can do alot of pointing and laughing and saying things like "Is that the grass freek that hates your dog?" really loud. At least it would be funny.

Thanks for the comments.

18. Member

Here's an idea to get your point across.

Forget him. But definetly approach the pellet gun neighbor, that S#@t would not fly with me. My dog is like family, if he has a problem with it he should be a man and come over and discuss it.

Re: Okay, I never ask for advice, but......... (Sticks11)

Hey Eric, sometimes what young lab needs to settle down is an older one.

I love that pic, If I thought I could make it happen, I would not hesitate to put that back there facing accross the street!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast