Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Bearing buddies have a weep hole so they will not over pressure. They sell bras for that soul purpose.

2. ZO6
    Why use bearing buddies at all? A good rear seal and a sealed cap with permatex or "screw on" on the outside is all you need to keep water out and no nasty grease everywhere. I pull my trailer about 8000 mi per year and this has worked great for me. Yes, salt water and fresh water. And... no water inside unless you have a rear seal failure. Bearing grease is bearing grease just don't mix. Because of the miles, I jack up and check wheels annually. Replace bearings and seals every 2//3 years whether they need it or not myself since I am self funded. Bearing failures seem to come from overfilling with grease which puts undue pressure on seals and eventually water leaks i.e. trouble. JMHO!

3. Member
    Ive had the same set of Bearing Buddies on my single axel ranger trailer since 1995. Never replaced a seal... just add grease into zerk fitting untill I get a little play on the spring loaded buddy. I think I have been super luck and am considering switching to the newer style Vortex Hubs Ranger has started using. Any thoughts?
    1992 Ranger 481v Yamaha ProV 150 Lowrance HDS9 Touch x2 Motorguide TM

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish92084 View Post
    Ive had the same set of Bearing Buddies on my single axel ranger trailer since 1995. Never replaced a seal... just add grease into zerk fitting untill I get a little play on the spring loaded buddy. I think I have been super luck and am considering switching to the newer style Vortex Hubs Ranger has started using. Any thoughts?
    Not lucky, you are just using them properly. Just a tiny amount of grease when they are retracted. This is one case where more is worse. You've done it right.
    Remember, Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123